30 watchers
zp
Feb 2019
3:15pm, 20 Feb 2019
418 posts
  •  
zp
That’s great news Fetch :)

Is this based around Suunto App or Movescount? I’m still on the latter until the app starts to look a bit more functional.
Feb 2019
3:16pm, 20 Feb 2019
21,315 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Based on what I've seen so far, it's some sort of central Suunto database that is common to it all. I think.
Feb 2019
10:16am, 25 Feb 2019
5,258 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Thanks for the update. I saw they were changing apps and inwardly groaned as Movescount works very well for me, but hopefully they get it right over the next 12 months.
Mar 2019
11:48am, 25 Mar 2019
5,260 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
So I tried the new Fetch thingy but it is telling me that I need to get a new account. Well Suunto is, I think. I am confused (which is easily done admitttedly).

Do I need to create a brand new account with Suunto to use their new system, and therefore upload on Fetch?
Mar 2019
12:01pm, 25 Mar 2019
5,261 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Nvm, found it:

"Suunto Movescount and Suunto app are separate platforms. Due to this,

it is not possible to login to Suunto app with your Movescount login credentials.
your activities synced with Suunto app will not be automatically transferred to Movescount.
your Movescount data will not be available in Suunto app.
In Spring 2019 we will enable the functionality to transfer your Move history from Suunto Movescount to Suunto app. We will inform you about the exact timeline and related details regularly through Suunto app, Movescount social media channels and suunto.com."

Ok so on that basis I am waiting until they say how to move history from movescount to the new app. Will just carry on uploading to Fetch through the SML route until then. I don;t use the phone app at all anyway, just upload the runs onto my laptop, so I might just hang onto Movescount for as long as humanly possible as it works really well for me, so no need to change.
Mar 2019
2:59pm, 25 Mar 2019
21,512 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
HB - if you get the Suunto app (and a corresponding account), and connect it up with your watch, it will suck in all the data still stored on your watch. I did this, and it goes back a decent length of time.
Mar 2019
3:04pm, 25 Mar 2019
5,264 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Oh OK. I am going to leave it two weeks, until after the Berlin Half, in case I break something. But after that I will give it a go then, cheers.

I wonder how much is stored in there actually. I think it shows me when I go to upload an SML file on here, so I will check that out as well.
Mar 2019
3:09pm, 25 Mar 2019
20,760 posts
  •  
Maclennane
fetch - do you know if this works for Ambit2 as well?
Mar 2019
3:12pm, 25 Mar 2019
21,513 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
It's on my list to get in touch with them about the Ambit, Mac. Will get back to you ASAP.
Feb 2020
8:59pm, 10 Feb 2020
9,977 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Anybody have issues trying to connect the Suunto and strava apps. Mine is just constantly buffering and won’t connect at all.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Want want want... :D

http://ultra168.com/2012/01/19/exclusive-new-suunto-ambit-gps-watch-and-win-...

To upload from your Suunto Ambit to fetcheveryone, you need the xml files which are stored locally on your computer each time you sync the watch, you don't need to export from movescount. Go to the fetch suunto upload page, and get the file from C: Users, *yourname*, AppData, Roaming, Suunto, Moveslink2 if your using windows 7 or if you're on XP, they're in C: Documents And Settings, *your name*, Application Data, Suunto, Moveslink2