Surrey Half Marathon

4 watchers
Feb 2014
1:28pm, 26 Feb 2014
2,539 posts
  •  
emdee
Anybody want a place? Mine is going. Too late to officially transfer but if you don't mind running with my surname on your number, it's yours. fmail me if interested.
Feb 2014
1:43pm, 26 Feb 2014
4,365 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Everyone got their headgear with the pack? No idea what to do with it :-) Like the various instructions on the pack though.
Feb 2014
4:59pm, 26 Feb 2014
226 posts
  •  
Clatters
Nice headgear indeed ??!! I'm going to attach mine to a stick, Dick Whittington style, and use it to carry my gels !! To be honest, I haven't opened the pack yet, but I will tonight, just to see the 'various instructions' !!
Feb 2014
8:19pm, 26 Feb 2014
4,367 posts
  •  
Garfield
Just had a phone call from the Surrey half organiser...got to be at the leisure centre in Woking at 7am! Yawn! Will need to pack coffee to stay awake!
Mar 2014
11:16am, 5 Mar 2014
2,478 posts
  •  
anne23
Haven't got my pack yet, getting a bit worried...
Mar 2014
1:54pm, 5 Mar 2014
4,386 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
think they said all of them should have been received by end of last week. I'd send them a message on Facebook or Twitter. They seem very active on those.

Not running now, due to an Achilles injury (annoying there is no defer). Bigger targets ahead. I will be there at the start though to cheer some running mates on.
Mar 2014
8:49pm, 9 Mar 2014
230 posts
  •  
Clatters
Warm enough for you all ?!! What did we all think of it ?
Mar 2014
9:08pm, 9 Mar 2014
6,232 posts
  •  
simbil
Nice race and the sun tan was a bonus :)
Mar 2014
10:36am, 10 Mar 2014
4,397 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
The feedback I got from mates/club runners was positive on the whole. The finish area seemed a bit messy, and no goodie bag? But the course well supported, challenging and the atmosphere really good.

I will likely sign up for next year. Course reversal I believe?
Mar 2014
10:59am, 10 Mar 2014
231 posts
  •  
Clatters
Yes - I generally thought they did very well considering it was theitr first 'big' event. Atmosphere was good, support on the course was good (the sunshine obviously helped), and the marshalls very cheery. Race village was OK - my only criticism is that the start was a bit messy and not very clear as to where to line up. I lined up just next to the 1:45 pacer, who was standing close to the 1:58 marker board ?!! Also, everybody seemed to merge together before the start line, so it seemed that with the exception of the faster peolpe, all abilities seemd to cross the start line at the same time (with the usual knock-on effects!). No way near as bad as some events I've been in, but if the event is to grow - as I'm sure it will - then that is a area they need to look at.

The course does start in Woking next year, so yes, course reversal, but in my opinion it doesn't need to !!!

I'm already signed up for it again though !!!

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
surreyhalfmarathon.co.uk

Entries close on Monday. Who's in? Seems quite professional for...