Surreal dreams? Please share...

7 watchers
Jul 2020
8:24pm, 3 Jul 2020
6,668 posts
  •  
sallykate
Daughter's looking for inspiration for an art assignment on the surrealists. Neither OH or I can help her with any weird dreams we've had recently - do you have anything you can share? Appropriate to be turned into a Year 9 art project...
Jul 2020
8:36pm, 3 Jul 2020
50,661 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Ok. This is a very old one from 1986. It was so surreal I’ve never forgotten it.

I was flying on a plane with a bunch of college friends. We were over a dessert. Then we were on a coach driving across the same dessert, then we were running and finally, walking

We came to a hotel which was was all straight lines and white stucco. The reception area was full of large baths full of large Russians bathing. We went through to the bar area. We had to wait to check in so had a drink while they prepared our rooms and checked our papers. For some reason I remember thinking how did Elton John get in with his Russian connections?

Suddenly I realised everyone else had gone. Someone showed me up To my room. It was in the attic and, as we climbed higher the flights of stairs got closer and closer together until there was just a narrow gap between them and I had to crawl to to the top. My room was very small with just a single bed and a large wardrobe.

The curtains were drawn . Behind them I expected to see a beach and the sea, so I flung them open. Instead I found myself face to face with the passengers on the top deck of a London double decker on a busy morning rush hour. Being I was in my underwear I closed them again quickly.
Jul 2020
8:38pm, 3 Jul 2020
50,662 posts
  •  
Diogenes
From the same time I remember waking up with the line “since then he’s been touched up twice, woken by a flailing arm in the night, and asked to turn factional angles into mint humbugs.”
Jul 2020
8:39pm, 3 Jul 2020
50,663 posts
  •  
Diogenes
I hope these help :-)
Jul 2020
8:40pm, 3 Jul 2020
20,114 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Oh my word :-o Do you realise what you maybe about to unleash ... ?

(I've been having often vivid dreams recently, sometimes four or five distinct strands a night, though I'm not sure that they've particularly been surreal. Here's one from the archives: fetcheveryone.com/blog/5988/2018/2#blog377872 )
Jul 2020
8:47pm, 3 Jul 2020
30,246 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
The most surreal dream I ever had was concerning Pope John Paul, he had recently been elected, I dreamt he came to me and asked if I believed in him, although I am not catholic I told him I did, he then told me that he was dead! The next morning the news broke that he had died in the night, that spooked me :-O

en.wikipedia.org
Jul 2020
8:57pm, 3 Jul 2020
8,883 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I hope Mrs CW never sees this thread or you might be traumatised. She has the weirdest dreams.
Jul 2020
9:13pm, 3 Jul 2020
10,516 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Dio - flying over dessert? Any particular one? I hope it was rhubarb crumble?!
Jul 2020
9:22pm, 3 Jul 2020
50,666 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Oops 😬
Jul 2020
9:26pm, 3 Jul 2020
16,924 posts
  •  
Rosehip
is my blod of 28/5 any use - that tells of several weird bits of dream

fetcheveryone.com/blog/47733/2020/5#blog406807

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Daughter's looking for inspiration for an art assignment on the surrealists. Neither OH or I ca...