Support thread for parents of teenagers

135 watchers
Oct 2021
8:08am, 13 Oct 2021
1,425 posts
  •  
poppyH
Actually, I've just looked again at our local provider, £175 per jab, 3 jabs for 15+years so your 465 looks about right.
Oct 2021
8:09am, 13 Oct 2021
28,373 posts
  •  
HellsBells
It seems to be £165 per dose as a standard across most providers - eg Superdrug, Boots…
Oct 2021
8:13am, 13 Oct 2021
23,588 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Ouch Linds
Private counselling is helping us geordiegirl, if you can find the right one. C9 says it’s a lifeline, I think in terms of having an outlet where if you do speak, no one feels implicated or tries to fix it. It tends to make it easier to talk to your family if you’ve rehearsed it outside. Not cheap at £70 session. Not sure if horses and ballet would’ve been cheaper but she wouldn’t go for either
Oct 2021
8:55am, 13 Oct 2021
15,811 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Gosh it’s frightening how bad this is the pressure on kids now is so bad isn’t it. They have CBT sessions don’t know if they are private or not I think school helped them find someone. She has a good connection with head of year at school and she reached out to her last time she did it. Her mum and dad are very grounded people her brother is too so it’s alien to them.

They are doing everything you guys have said - no pressure no guilt open and loving conversations she does feel safe. She doesn’t know why but said it’s the only thing that helps when the overwhelming feelings engulf her. They believe it’s triggered to food she won’t eat or outside of the home so she comes home exhausted and headaches. She says she’s not being bullied, school don’t think so neither she joins in with all her friends and is well liked.

I just hate to think of her being that lost it’s her only release.

Hope you get the jab sorted LindsD why can he not get it on NHS?
Oct 2021
6:15pm, 13 Oct 2021
50,143 posts
  •  
LindsD
I think he's too old gg. They only started doing boys recently
Oct 2021
6:30pm, 13 Oct 2021
23,591 posts
  •  
Serendippily
It’s quite common according to counsellor that children can’t eat in public as their tummies are too tense. Partly because of some of the stuff on here I backed right off pressing for family meals and breakfast and will present her with a smorgasbord of hummus and fruit and peppers etc when she gets home, all little stuff in little bowls. She really likes that. Hope your friends can find a way
Oct 2021
7:24am, 14 Oct 2021
15,816 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That’s so sad Linds how can that be right? Hope you get him sorted.

❤️ Dips
Oct 2021
5:35pm, 15 Oct 2021
25,616 posts
  •  
Lizzie Whizz
Apparently T10 is the only one without a phone ;-)
How do you organise a child account, data limits etc? Mr W and I have separate mobile accounts as he kept breaking phones and I couldn't be bothered to change what we were doing - is a family account a thing?
Oct 2021
5:37pm, 15 Oct 2021
50,188 posts
  •  
LindsD
None of our kids were allowed phones until they were 14. It got harder to hold out with the younger ones but I reckon you could resist a bit longer.
Oct 2021
5:37pm, 15 Oct 2021
50,189 posts
  •  
LindsD
(If you want to)

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
Thread was started by Trin, back when her kids were in their teens.

A place to vent, but also to share good news.