Support thread for educators of any type, academics, teachers, early years etc.

37 watchers
Jan 2021
6:57pm, 3 Jan 2021
4,263 posts
  •  
Cyclopstheoneeyedreindeer
I've had some 'interesting' conversations on Twitter today about 'lazy' teachers. One person apologised!
Jan 2021
7:17pm, 3 Jan 2021
3,076 posts
  •  
TBR (TheBeardRunner)
Unbelievable.
Jan 2021
8:38pm, 4 Jan 2021
4,265 posts
  •  
Cyclopstheoneeyedreindeer
Well, this is interesting.
Jan 2021
9:24pm, 4 Jan 2021
13,065 posts
  •  
larkim
I bet there are loads of head teachers delighted they spent the early part of this year including their holidays dedicating themselves to planning and resourcing the testing of students over the first two weeks of term ;-)
Jan 2021
10:01pm, 4 Jan 2021
191 posts
  •  
LouiseRuns πŸŒΉπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί
I'm chair of governors at a local school. The non-porous floor they've had to put in to the Adult Ed room (designated COVID testing room) will be ready tomorrow, for when the pupils return to school. Oh, wait.

The amount of extra work they've had to do over the Christmas period is unbelievable. And now this.
Jan 2021
11:11pm, 4 Jan 2021
13,324 posts
  •  
Badger
My sister ran & coordinated 90 tests today, after spending much of the new year break making sure they would happen, setting up staff volunteers to run the analysis step and so on.
89 negative, 1 indeterminate, 90 absolutely no use at all for the school’s purposes.
Jan 2021
8:49am, 5 Jan 2021
531 posts
  •  
megster
Yep, all that. We've got boxes and boxes of tests delivered yesterday, volunteer training lined up and a schedule drawn up for delivery of tests... oh
Not to mention the Christmas and NY break spent writing to parents, defending ourselves on FB etc.etc.

*sigh
Jan 2021
5:39pm, 5 Jan 2021
4,268 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Well, today was fun. Emails and phone calls went crazy. About one third of the school in tomorrow; live lessons start for those in school and those at home. Teachers will have to come into school to broadcast their lessons from their classroom so that they can supervise at the same time (with part-time TA help).
Jan 2021
9:37pm, 5 Jan 2021
3,912 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
We still don't know how many KW pupils we will have in, SLT will be looking after them in the first instance. I'm all set up to teach from the kitchen table. Our 6 x 1 hr lessons are now 6 x 50 minute lessons so we get nice breaks - in the summer I ran half a mile up the road and half a mile back in each break, this time I may jump on the treadmill as the weather is shit!
Jan 2021
5:43pm, 8 Jan 2021
4,270 posts
  •  
Cyclops
How are we?

We have 51% of our primary children in school - thanks to the updated critical and key worker list...

About This Thread

Maintained by Grast_girl
There are enough educators on here that I thought it might be nice to have somewhere supportive to rant and problem solve.

Everyone is welcome.

DHE guide for primary schools:
gov.uk

HE survey supporting staff wellbeing:
educationsupport.org.uk