Super Graph

6 watchers
Dec 2013
9:56pm, 5 Dec 2013
First-time poster!!
  •  
chrishunt
Looks like a bit of smoothing is required - no way did I do 5 minute miles even for 5 seconds! More like 8 at best. Also noticed some dashed lines in the pace graph
Jan 2014
6:38pm, 5 Jan 2014
First-time poster!!
  •  
K-Bal
Good addition to all the other analysis tools you have available. Be great to have the x units as a standardised set, regardless of the distance recorded, e.g. always showing each whole mile or km, with even points in between (1/4m, 1/2m or 0.2km, 0.4km, etc.) rather than every 0.4 mile. It might just make it a bit easier to interpret...?
Jan 2014
10:39am, 7 Jan 2014
First-time poster!!
  •  
larkim
Personally I'd like to see the side-bar graphs on the glasses view clickable so that they then display larger in the centre of the screen - in particular, the pace graph (which I like in isolation) starts to get illegible when sections are shortened to (for example) 0.1 or 0.25mile in a run of 10 miles. It might be really over-analytical of me, but I do like to know what my average pace was up short sections of climb (or down too!) and these graphs show that excellently in principle, but poorly in practice!!
Jan 2014
10:44am, 7 Jan 2014
13,876 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I'm petitioning my boss to get some better graphing software - one that will allow you to interact with the big graph at the top, rolling your mouse over different sections to see the data, and zooming in on sections of interest. It costs a few hundred quid, so I just have to hope there's a bit spare :-)
Jan 2014
6:40am, 8 Jan 2014
4,210 posts
  •  
Duchess
Oooh I like this.... :-)

(And I did read back to understand why I have dotted lines - need to run faster! - and have to refresh to see the elevation graph.)

Thank you :-)
Jan 2014
10:05pm, 9 Jan 2014
4,019 posts
  •  
Nightjar
If anyone can make really good use of better graphing software its you Fetch. Hope you can talk them into it.

Would it be possible to overlay a moving average pace per mile? It would even out the peaks and troughs quite nicely.
Jan 2014
11:35pm, 9 Jan 2014
1,256 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
You have a boss? I thought you were your boss. Then another day, I thought you worked for the monolith that is RW.

Ooh, that reminds me - my February issue of RW only got part-read before being tidied away for NY festivities.... Scurries off to find it.
Feb 2014
7:22pm, 1 Feb 2014
58 posts
  •  
jonbev
www.trainerrod.com use Highcharts and it works very nicely. Only $90 too - shop.highsoft.com

Check this out for example - trainerroad.com this is the crazy workout I did today.

Would be nice if the graph still worked without location data. I use my garmin on my turbo trainer with a speed sensor so I have lots of data if you want to test.

Keep up the good work. ;-)
Feb 2014
10:52am, 3 Feb 2014
19,287 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
Fetch - I'm not seeing any power info. I thought this was being incorporated
Feb 2014
10:53am, 3 Feb 2014
13,957 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
LB - what are you importing from?

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?

There it is look, with a fancy little cape.

There's a little sn...