Sunday Night at The George - a Quiz Wire
8:49am, 28 Aug 2019
MaclennaneOn this Day (Last Sunday)
1. 1609, Galileo shows off his new telescope, in which city?
2. 1998 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is released. With which group had she most recently released an album?
3. 1920 Ethelda Bleibtry becomes the first American woman to do what?
4. AD79, Pliny the Elder dies in an eruption of which volcano?
5. 1996 – who wins the US golf amateur championsip?
6. 1822, Astromer William Hershel dies, for what discovery is he chiefly famous?
7. 1958, the director of Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow and the rubbish 2005 version of Charlie and the Chocolate factory is born – who?
8. 1932 which woman completes a transatantic flight?
9. 1768, The Endeavour leaves Plymouth. Who is her captain?
10. 1482, Maragret d'Anjou dies, wife of which English King?
11:56am, 29 Sep 2019
MaclennaneIf anyone could write some news questions this afternoon, that'd be much appreciated, ta!
2:27pm, 28 Mar 2020
Son of a Pronator ManCould I hijack this and ask anyone who likes a good quiz to help me out ?
About This Thread
- University Challenge and Only Connect 2022/2023
- Thats the question
- On the hour and only on the hour thread.
- University Challenge and Only Connect 2021/2022
- How many fetchies can you recognise from the avatars along the bottom of the page?
- Spot the Album
- The FE crossword
- University Challenge 20/21 (maybe Only Connect too)
- Greatest footballing trivia question ever?
- Help me set some quiz questions... Thanks
The Doctor K Cup
This year sees the fifth edition of our annual challenge in memory of the Fetchies who have sadly passed away. It's named after Doctor K, who died of pancreatic cancer in 2017
Are you doing the right training?
See typical mileage, pace and long run stats for every distance and goal. See a comparison with your own training.
Heart Rate Analysis
See your heart rate training data from the last 12 months broken down in technicolour.
Flat as a pancake?
We've collected thousands of your reviews from events, and worked out which races give you the best chance of a fast time!