BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
Sunday Night at The George - a Quiz Wire
8:49am, 28 Aug 2019
MaclennaneOn this Day (Last Sunday)
1. 1609, Galileo shows off his new telescope, in which city?
2. 1998 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is released. With which group had she most recently released an album?
3. 1920 Ethelda Bleibtry becomes the first American woman to do what?
4. AD79, Pliny the Elder dies in an eruption of which volcano?
5. 1996 – who wins the US golf amateur championsip?
6. 1822, Astromer William Hershel dies, for what discovery is he chiefly famous?
7. 1958, the director of Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow and the rubbish 2005 version of Charlie and the Chocolate factory is born – who?
8. 1932 which woman completes a transatantic flight?
9. 1768, The Endeavour leaves Plymouth. Who is her captain?
10. 1482, Maragret d'Anjou dies, wife of which English King?
11:56am, 29 Sep 2019
MaclennaneIf anyone could write some news questions this afternoon, that'd be much appreciated, ta!
2:27pm, 28 Mar 2020
Son of a Pronator ManCould I hijack this and ask anyone who likes a good quiz to help me out ?
About This Thread
Maintained by Maclennane
- On the hour and only on the hour thread.
- University Challenge 20/21 (maybe Only Connect too)
- Eleven at eleven
- How many fetchies can you recognise from the avatars along the bottom of the page?
- Uni Challenge and Only Connect 2019 to 2020
- Greatest footballing trivia question ever?
- Dio's Diabolic Quiz
- Help me set some quiz questions... Thanks
- Are you of my age? We loved this quiz at work today
- University Challenge 2018 and even Only Connect