Sudden knee pain

1 watcher
Em
May 2016
9:32am, 6 May 2016
410 posts
  •  
Em
Ive not posted for years and now Im always on here!!!
The other day I managed to run a bit whilst on one of my dog walks, apart from falling over a tree stump!! I actually enjoyed it and going to do it again more often.
Later that day a dog bashed into my leg and it hurt but was ok as I sort of saw it coming.
The other day I was bending down to the washing machine when I got a real sudden sharp pain right inside my knee, I stood up and rubbed it, as you do!! and it settled and didn't bother me any more.
Today whilst mucking out the horse I bent down again and had the same sharp pain in the middle of my knee it made me go ouch rather loudly, I sat down and then it went and I carried on.
Im wondering if I may have tweaked my ACL when the dog hit my leg? but wouldn't that give me pain on walking and not just bending?

Its in my good knee which is my right

I don't think its medial or lateral tendon as its right inside, may be patella tendon slipping a little? Any other suggestions?
Want to keep trying to run a little and might try and cycle this afternoon and see what that does to it.
Thank you
May 2016
1:39pm, 6 May 2016
47 posts
  •  
Claypole
I'm no expert, just another runner!

Sounds like its still recent, so may improve in the next few days, if not physio checkup might set your mind at rest
:-)
May 2016
2:17pm, 6 May 2016
11,146 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
Agree with Claypole...a little rest, if it's still problematic in a few days see your GP or a physio.
Em
May 2016
2:19pm, 6 May 2016
412 posts
  •  
Em
I think its my patella tendon as it did it again today when I bent down and then sent pain up my leg, I have bruising to the outer of my knee so think its a bit bruised on my tendon too where I fell over, will keep an eye on it and rest as much as I can over the weekend and not bend it

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Em
Ive not posted for years and now Im always on here!!!
The other day I managed to run a bit whilst o...