•  
Pestomum
well, you know :-P
Feb 2013
5:11pm, 26 Feb 2013
14,574 posts
  •  
HellsBells
if your mum has tIA's and you're getting aura, the most important thing to do was stop your pill as that combination greatly increases your stroke risk
Feb 2013
1:55pm, 27 Feb 2013
1,212 posts
  •  
Fusionsplice
Trying to get an opticians appointment is almost as bad as trying to get a doctors ones!
RM
Feb 2013
4:43pm, 27 Feb 2013
76 posts
  •  
RM
Good luck !
Apr 2013
7:06pm, 17 Apr 2013
418 posts
  •  
LazyLady
Hello...
Just found this thread, after searching for posts on blurry eye..
Fusionsplice - how did you get on...? Are your eyes ok...? Hope all is well.

Had scary experience yesterday, noticed over past week or so right eye not so good vision. Optician trip yesterday for eye test and got sent immediately to A&E eye hospital for tests. Fluid in eye ... and found I have small fuzzy spot where I can't focus quite properly.... Consultant was a tad abrupt, after tests seen him for less than a minute! Back on Monday for more tests, but I'm quite terrified !!!
Advised no running, cycling, exertion, flying or PC strain on eyes.... devastated. Hurry up Monday so I can find out what's going on !!! Anyone else had similar experience ...?
Apr 2013
8:17pm, 17 Apr 2013
5,438 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
How bizarre, I had a similar episode today, and then this thread appears.

I had a dull head all morning then was in a meeting at work 11-12. It was quite bright outside, the lights were shining and reflecting off the desk and the projector was bright. 30 mins in my head was very sore on the right side and I had blurred vision on the left. The vision righted itself as soon as I left the room but Was feeling a bit off over lunch but after eating I feel fine
Aug 2013
2:30pm, 22 Aug 2013
1,264 posts
  •  
Fusionsplice
Sorry all I never came back to report on what happened - my bad.

Basically it went away, but was very scary at the time. It hasn't happended since either.

I did go to the opticians and explained it to them and they agreed with a previous post here that it was a visual migraine and nothing to be overly concerned about, he also did a thourough check of my eyes.

I never really linked it to anything, but my grandad had a massive stroke years ago and just this weekend my dad had a stroke so now I am thinking more carefully about my own health and past episodes like this...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I ran lunchtime, had lunch as usual and now all of a sudden I have blurred vision in my left eye...a...