•  
Bazoaxe
Alloa in March for me and needs to be a sub 84 for my target so count me in
Nov 2017
5:59pm, 20 Nov 2017
1,214 posts
  •  
Uyuni
Sub-85 is my big target for next year. The all new Leicestershire HM for me on 11th Feb for my first go. The first and last mile is on grass – hmm, in February – double hmm and with a lap of an airfield thrown in it could get breezy. Will give it a go though :-)
Nov 2017
6:12pm, 20 Nov 2017
77 posts
  •  
Lee78
Doing Reading in March for hopefully sub1:23 and by miracle sub 1:22!

Anyone done it before, is it a fast course?
Nov 2017
6:40pm, 20 Nov 2017
577 posts
  •  
Brunski
I've recently signed up for the Monsal trail half marathon. Pretty much flat, if anything there's a slight incline on the way out and then back along the same way, and I know a few others who are running it who'll have similar targets.

I'm hopefully going to be gunning for a sub-80 but it's going to take a good winter of HR guided aerobic training (Hadd) to get into that sort of shape. My Leeds HM PB from May (1:23:24), and was on a hilly course so I'm hoping that's worth a 1:22:xx

It's going to be a tough ask!
Nov 2017
6:52pm, 20 Nov 2017
3,316 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
I may well be there too Lee. Yes, quick course with loads of support and a VERY deep field. A sharp up hill around 3 miles but then loads of quality gentle downhill in to the town centre. Another sharp up around 8 miles but again you get it back more gently.
Nov 2017
6:57pm, 20 Nov 2017
78 posts
  •  
Lee78
Brunski - Nice target! 👍🏻

I can’t commit to the training needed for sub 1:20, so will be happy with a sub 1:23 and ecstatic with a sub 1:22!

That and it might just be the case I can’t run that fast! 😄

Your 10k time and training mileage show it’s achievable for you!

WW - Hopefully see you there!?

I tend to run better when the field is packed with quality runners that put me to shame!

What’s your target time?
Nov 2017
8:02pm, 20 Nov 2017
578 posts
  •  
Brunski
Cheers Lee, obviously that's my target as it stands now (4 months before the race), what I won't be doing is blindly targeting sub 80 if my training isn't predicting that.

I made a similar mistake in a recent 10k, 4 weeks after a marathon I'd done a few intervals and in my head thought I could trouble 36:00 - I couldn't, and didn't, ending up losing over a minute on the way back (hopefully learn't a bit though?)
Nov 2017
8:11pm, 20 Nov 2017
3,317 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
200 sub 80 last year Lee. You won't be on your own out there!

I'll have to see where I get to with the training. I'd struggle to break 90 at the moment but would hope to scare my PB (81:46) that deep in to mara training (will be targeting Manchester).
Nov 2017
8:21pm, 20 Nov 2017
2,124 posts
  •  
jdarun
Lee you have to be in range of 1:23 if not better. I did that in the middle of marathon training last winter, your 5 and 10k PBs are some way ahead of me.

Just having a think about my own HM plans for next season, though it will be another marathon benchmark rather than serious goal. Haweswater and Blackpool are the two most obvious choices (reasonably local, suitable dates) that I've done before. The latter could be fast if the wind stopped, but that's unlikely in Feb on the west coast!
Nov 2017
8:53am, 21 Nov 2017
27,784 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Gus, I'd forgotten I'd already entered Alloa and Forfar halves! Lossiemouth *is* a long trek. Is Inverness quick - only slight shorter trek obv! But better time of year - March 11?

There are a few quick ones in west Balloch / Clydebank etc. But I don't know what time of year? :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by Bazoaxe
OK so who is in for a sub 85 attempt, details below for up coming races that you plan to have a go at... :-)