Sub 3Hr Marathon

297 watchers
jda
Sep 2021
10:56am, 5 Sep 2021
10,722 posts
  •  
jda
Sorry to hear that guys, not too surprised by your news Brunski, I know quite a few people who've had a "bad cold" only to find out it was covid (and despite a negative LFT too). Same for you Rog, if your tests are just LFT, they are not really very reliable/sensitive enough to rule it out if you have symptoms.

Hope it doesn't bugger up London too much for either of you. Well, I suppose there's no question that it has done so. Hope you can enjoy it regardless.

I'm sneezing a bit too but I'm pretty sure that is just because I stopped the summer antihistamines :-) Haven't actually met anyone to get infected off in living memory...
Sep 2021
2:26pm, 5 Sep 2021
4,908 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Sorry to hear that you’re I’ll guys.

In a way I’d see that as a positive Rog if the MLR goes ok and you’re able to get back to it. Are you local to Newport? I need to find some accommodation if I’m going but can’t quite find it in me to commit. I did manage a comfortable twenty miler last week and my highest mileage week of the year so far but it was still a light week by my usual standards. On holiday this week and not sure how much running is going to happen.
Sep 2021
4:42pm, 5 Sep 2021
776 posts
  •  
Rog T
Managed ok on my run today but glad it wasn't any further and wouldn't have wanted to run it faster. Should be back to full normal soon.

LMH - I'm in North Dorset, so about 2-2.5 hr drive. Mrs T has got us booked into the budget Ibis in the centre of Newport. Cheap as chips, she says. Glad you got a comfortable 20 ticked off 👍
Sep 2021
6:37pm, 5 Sep 2021
4,909 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Good to hear that you are on the mend Rog. I’m in Exmouth this week. Planning to get dropped off in Teignmouth tomorrow morning so that I have no choice but to run back!
Sep 2021
8:14pm, 5 Sep 2021
4,570 posts
  •  
FergusG
Sounds like everyone who’s ill or injured is easing back sensibly. Hope you all bounce back strongly.

I’m still plodding through my training plan for Manchester and looking forward to crossing a real start and finish line. Not sure I’ll ever trouble Sub-3 again, but I’m still lurking here nevertheless.
Sep 2021
7:26am, 6 Sep 2021
4,911 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Good to hear from you Fergus.

Not feeling very enthusiastic about this morning’s LSR. May opt for an out and back.
Sep 2021
7:32am, 6 Sep 2021
777 posts
  •  
Rog T
Looks to be a great training block you've put in Fergus - enjoy Manchester.
Sep 2021
12:02pm, 13 Sep 2021
447 posts
  •  
Lee78
Did The Great North Run yesterday!

PB of 1:18:49 on a really up and a down course! 💪🏻

As for the race, I loved every minute of it!

Man, it was good to be racing in large events again!

Didn’t realise how much I missed the crowds!

Newcastle and it’s people were beautiful!❤️

Next stop….The Great South Run!

How’s everyone else’s running going?
Sep 2021
12:06pm, 13 Sep 2021
2,008 posts
  •  
Roberto
Well done Lee, that's a great time.

I've managed two 30 mile weeks on the bounce for the first time since last September. (With the previous 4 weeks having only done 3.5miles a week) So on the right track. Did a 19.05 parkrun on Sat. Considering April marathons.
Sep 2021
12:08pm, 13 Sep 2021
20,857 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Brilliant stuff Lee - well done

About This Thread

Maintained by jda
All about hitting the magic 2:xx:yy!
Targets 2024
======
14 April Mancs
rhb
21 April London
Chris 2:36:45
28 April
Newport
Miser 2:45
Boston (Lincs)
Brunski 2:55
======
Results 2024
======
bunting
medal medal medal medal medal
18 Feb Seville
mattykay 2.58.32
medal medal medal medal medal
bunting

=====================
Current (2018) thread owner jda, if I go awol then someone else should feel free to take over...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.