Sub 3Hr Marathon

5 lurkers | 297 watchers
Nov 2020
10:20pm, 8 Nov 2020
1,753 posts
  •  
Brunski
I was thinking the same earlier WW, I was really struggling with my feet 2nd half of last year and wouldn't have dreamt I'd be running this sort of time back then (I doubted I'd get back to running regularly at all).

Certainly makes you appreciate running more. My advice us to enjoy it while you can!
Nov 2020
6:51am, 9 Nov 2020
3,770 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Knowing you can do it will make a lot of difference when it comes to replicating it in a race Brunski - just hope you get to race whilst you're still fit and well.
jda
Nov 2020
7:00am, 9 Nov 2020
8,767 posts
  •  
jda
the other thing you must have realised is you are very close to a London champs qualifier time depending how they organise that in future :-)
Nov 2020
8:02am, 9 Nov 2020
1,754 posts
  •  
Brunski
Yeah there is that jda, I guess there may be changes in the champs times going forward with the advances in shoe tech, but if when we are back racing again the target is still sub-75 that’d be an extra incentive to just raise the pace a tad.

Someone yesterday mentioned the possibility of getting an England masters vest, it’s not something I’ve looked into before but might be a nice thing to ‘achieve’.
jda
Nov 2020
8:51am, 9 Nov 2020
8,768 posts
  •  
jda
When I did it last year you “just” had to be top 5 in your age group in one of the bigger marathons. Which is easier (a) past 50 and (b) when there are marathons to race!
Nov 2020
10:01am, 9 Nov 2020
3,772 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
You need to be a member of a club too jda or it doesn't matter how fast you are compared to others in your age group.
jda
Nov 2020
11:19am, 9 Nov 2020
8,769 posts
  •  
jda
Oh yes that’s true but easy to solve for those who want to - as a SVHC club member living south of the border I don’t even have to meet or talk to any of the others :-)
Nov 2020
11:26am, 9 Nov 2020
4,868 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
Brunski - even I have been thinking about the possibility of an England MV50 vest. Pick the right event and something around 80 mins might be enough. Last time around the 'right event' was the Hull HM so that may test commitment of someone like me!

Champs start at VLM would be great to experience. Hope you can crack that too....
Nov 2020
5:23pm, 9 Nov 2020
1,475 posts
  •  
Chris
I’m fully expecting you to give me a run for my money next year brunski. I might even stray from the trusty p&d plan 😬
Nov 2020
7:29pm, 9 Nov 2020
155 posts
  •  
jomo_richmond
The England vest is very achievable for you, brunski. I qualified earlier this year for V50 off a 1:19 at one of the listed races. Sadly the actual Masters event (Fleet HM) was called off the day before because of the original lockdown. The opportunity was rolled over to Fleet 2021 but that has been cancelled now as well.

There is no word of a replacement event yet, which is understandable given Covid. I have a feeling my England vest will just get eaten by moths as it lies unused in my wardrobe.

About This Thread

Maintained by jda
All about hitting the magic 2:xx:yy!
Targets 2024
======
14 April Mancs
rhb
21 April London
Chris 2:36:45
28 April
Newport
Miser 2:45
Boston (Lincs)
Brunski 2:55
======
Results 2024
======
bunting
medal medal medal medal medal
18 Feb Seville
mattykay 2.58.32
14 April Rotterdam
jomo_richmond 2:43:18
medal medal medal medal medal
bunting

=====================
Current (2018) thread owner jda, if I go awol then someone else should feel free to take over...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.