Struggling with breathing outside - Is it the heat?

2 watchers
Jul 2018
8:02pm, 2 Jul 2018
2,284 posts
  •  
Tim of MK
I'm not normalyl troubled with breathing problems.

But I'm struggling a bit just now.

Could it just be the heat? Affects me most outdoors snd in our warm house. Not in my cool office.
Jul 2018
9:48pm, 2 Jul 2018
16,291 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Well … it could be, but for me it has to get a bit hotter than this for it, Southern European hot (the place I most noticed it was Rome - in August!) I think it is more likely to be pollen or other allergen related. I and a few others were struggling with that last week up here, but by the end of the week, though even hotter, there weren't the same problems.
Jul 2018
10:16pm, 2 Jul 2018
24,012 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Air pollution is often worse in hot weather and there's often more ozone too. I'm struggling too at the moment
Jul 2018
10:22pm, 2 Jul 2018
34,182 posts
  •  
alpenrose
Just have a look at all the cars at the moment, that's all floating around in the air so could well be affecting you.
I seem to be running out of puff at the moment, but I put that down to lack of training and old age. ;-)
Jul 2018
11:13pm, 2 Jul 2018
874 posts
  •  
Andrew65
Probably just a combination of pollen, accumulation of pollutants in the air and the effect that heat has on your O2 carrying capacity.
I was out in it today and I was breathing hard and my HR was much higher than normal for such a slow pace.
The good news is that you can acclimatise to it over successive runs but it is bloody hard going!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Tim of Fife
I'm not normalyl troubled with breathing problems.

But I'm struggling a bit just now.