•  
Autumnleaves
Good show - enjoyed it :)
Dec 2015
9:53pm, 25 Dec 2015
1,198 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Missed the show as visiting an old neighbour in a residential home. Strictly was on the telly but my wife turned it off as it was too distracting.
Dec 2015
10:09pm, 25 Dec 2015
8,088 posts
  •  
Shark the Herald Angel
Caught up with the show once we'd eaten. I'm no drinker these days and I nearly spilled my my third (small) glass of Prosecco at the end of the show performance recap:

Tess said Len said re Lisa Snowden 'Looks like you haven't stopped dancing since you were on the show!'

Allison Hammond was next
Raffo said 'Looks like you haven't stopped eating....'

Show was fun.
Dec 2015
1:22pm, 26 Dec 2015
6,041 posts
  •  
Little Nemo - this kitten can
Just catching up with yesterday's show.

Lisa: looked a bit heavy-footed and her posture was a bit iffy. I thought she was too tall for Pasha, and what did they make him wear?!? Never a 10 even with bonkers Christmas scoring.

Alison: I wouldn't have guessed what dance that was. She can dance but her size really gets in the way sadly.

Cassidy: I didn't watch The People's Strictly so I didn't really know who he was. It was a little on the slow side but how amazing to be able to dance like that on a blade! I love Natalie as well, she looks after her partners so well.

Abbey: I found that a little bit boring. Maybe it was because I preferred her partnership with Alijaz?

Harry: poor sod has been glitterbombed :-O This was a good dance and nice choreography. Interesting to see Joanne with a good partner, think she deserves to get someone decent next year.

Tom: sorry, I found him really irritating. It was a good dance but I think it was slightly messy in places.

I think it was the right winner in the end, it was my favourite dance of the show :-)
Dec 2015
3:59pm, 26 Dec 2015
536 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Harry looked like he'd stood near a pot of glitter and sneezed.
Dec 2015
6:45pm, 26 Dec 2015
8,092 posts
  •  
Shark the Herald Angel
If anyone is interested in dance (rather than just in Strictly! ;-)) the Darcey prog about male ballet dancers is pretty good. On BBC2 yesterday - we've just watched it. Doesn't dumb down but is still accessible. Nice to see Darcey in her element.

(It kind of informs some of her comments on Stricltly, too.)
Dec 2015
11:26am, 31 Dec 2015
21,583 posts
  •  
macca 53
Apropos of nothing, in the dead days between Xmas and now Mrs M and me watched an old Strictly DVD (mainly about how brilliant Ricky Whittle was it seemed to me!).

Two things were very noticeable different from today however:

1. the music tempo seemed positively pedestrian
2. the female pro dancers were much less "toned" than they are now - probably not an ounce heavier just not as lean and muscly as they are today (especially Aliona and Natalie).
3. Zoe is skeletally thin compared to how she looked when she was a contestant

I'm guessing that this has been done as a matter of "policy" but it definitely means that they will have to look for contestants with a much higher level of fitness than back then.....
Jan 2016
9:37am, 8 Jan 2016
2,513 posts
  •  
jangles
so Kristina is pregnant.. yay for Strictly 2016. I'll say nothing about her choice of announcement.
Jan 2016
9:50am, 8 Jan 2016
3,293 posts
  •  
minardi
Please do, jangles as I know nothing

About This Thread

Maintained by minardi
Jeremy Vine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!