•  
Ding dong Meglet on high
Spoilers AL!
Dec 2016
4:41pm, 18 Dec 2016
9,904 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
It's been running so many years I thought everyone must have seen it ;)
Dec 2016
4:48pm, 18 Dec 2016
10,654 posts
  •  
Shark the Herald Angel
Never fancied it TBH - there's only so many West End shows a girl can afford after all!

TOm Chambers took the lead in the new musical version of the film Top Hat - lots of Astaire style dancing. We were lucky enough to see the original run with Summer Strallen in the Ginger Rogers role. She was fantastic - and TC was pretty good too. Great show!
MH
Dec 2016
4:56pm, 18 Dec 2016
464 posts
  •  
MH
No worries here - I can't abide musicals.

Hopefully Danny will have rescued himself from the career suicide of Hollyoaks (I know it's a kids show, which makes it even worse).
Perhaps it's just me, but I thought that Ore and Joanne were genuinely surprised to win - I don't mean their hammy reactions, but just prior to the announcement their faces seemed to convey ' it's not going to be us' expressions.
Dec 2016
5:35pm, 18 Dec 2016
6,137 posts
  •  
Ding Dong Jambomo on High!!
It's funny that Strictly does get me interested in dancing! It always makes me think of trying it out although I'd be more of a female Ed Balls than an Ore Oduba!

I've never fancied musicals either but I noticed that Jo Clifton is doing the show Thoroughly Modern Millie and it's coming to Edinburgh, I am actually thinking of going to see it!

What's happening to me??? 😉
Dec 2016
5:42pm, 18 Dec 2016
17,340 posts
  •  
Ding dong Meglet on high
I tried a few salsa lessons and a salsa night. It was great fun. Must get back again.
Dec 2016
5:56pm, 18 Dec 2016
10,655 posts
  •  
Shark the Herald Angel
I did ballet as a child and Graham technique contemporary quite seriously as an adult, plus a bit more classic ballet. I've done quite a lot of jazz too - but never any ballroom or tap.

What I would still love to learn properly is the Argentine Tango. Preferably in Buenos Aires!
Dec 2016
5:59pm, 18 Dec 2016
10,656 posts
  •  
Shark the Herald Angel
I do sometimes wonder why I am so involved in athletics when I love dance so much more.

I would say it's because I feel too old for dancing seriously .... But then I'm too old to be high jumping and sprinting and chucking javelins really!
Dec 2016
6:13pm, 18 Dec 2016
17,341 posts
  •  
Ding dong Meglet on high
I did ballet too, and ballroom/Latin/rock and roll for a couple of years at uni, long before Strictly made a comeback.
Dec 2016
6:31pm, 18 Dec 2016
14,939 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
Happy with the result. Pro-dancer crush will have to wait another 8 months or so before being renewed.

That is all...

About This Thread

Maintained by BaronessBL
It may only be the beginning of August and we are a long way off from any actual dancing yet.... but...