Strictly Come Dancing 2013

44 watchers
Apr 2014
5:34pm, 6 Apr 2014
1,945 posts
  •  
Helegant
I like Raffo's idea because it would means someone who knows about dance would be presenting. If that's not required please give me a job as a football commentator.
Apr 2014
5:59pm, 6 Apr 2014
5,306 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Yeah, I certainly thought it was time he went, but for all his failings Brucie was that old school of song and dance man 'entertainer', so he did actually have a clue or two about the dancing. He was just past it.

Len has been quite a find for the Beeb - I've seen several interesting documentaries he's co written and presented and his radio programmes are always entertaining. He has the requisite warmth and wit.

Anton would do a good job too.

But here at Sharkie Central we do think the main imbalance is on the judging panel. WHY three blokes and one woman? The fact two of them are gay doesn't alter the fact! Karen would be great as head judge - it's not as if she doesn't know her stuff, and she's actually fairly 'old school' and pernickety in her opinions. No lifts if they're not allowed!

As for the main presenter PLEEESE not Graham Norton, Terry Wogan (FFS!) or John Barrowman - three of the bookies favourites.
Apr 2014
6:12pm, 6 Apr 2014
980 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
I will go out on a limb and say please not Anton - i just dont like him at all and it would put me off the show as a whole.

Karen is a great idea for head judge.
Apr 2014
6:14pm, 6 Apr 2014
7,636 posts
  •  
Star
oh gawd no - none of them!! I would be happy with Len or Anton, and agree with Karen as head judge. She was always really go on the ITT show explaining the dances and able to get up and show them as well
Apr 2014
6:14pm, 6 Apr 2014
7,637 posts
  •  
Star
*really good on ITT
Apr 2014
8:19pm, 6 Apr 2014
14,218 posts
  •  
Meglet
Anton might well be a choice, he's done presenting jobs before. It would get him neatly off the dance floor!
MH
Apr 2014
8:32pm, 6 Apr 2014
231 posts
  •  
MH
god - not John Barrowman...
My OH will just about put up with Strictly when it reaches the later stages, but not if he takes over - I think he would be too much. I could see it being Anton as he's now cut his teeth on other TV stuff. I agree that Karen Hardy would work well as head judge though with Len taking on Bruce's role.
Apr 2014
8:59pm, 6 Apr 2014
12,110 posts
  •  
runner duck
then flavia could be the expert on itt - she's also brilliant when she explains the technicalities of dancing.

lets hope the beeb read this thread :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by minardi
And they've opened the batting with Vanessa Feltz. My money's on poor Anton getting lumbered