Stretched nerve bundle in shoulder
8:40am, 4 Jul 2013
Endorphins JunkyAt the end of May I was at an airport waiting for suitcase at the carousel thingy. I was a bit energetic with our biggest and heaviest case – lifted it off the carousel with ease, but a few days later my arm started behaving oddly. If I’m active then no problems, but when I’m still and my arm in resting on anything (which your arm tends to do when not active) then I get a strange and painful tingling sensation down the whole length of my arm, all the way into my hand. Only way to stop is to move my arm vigorously. But of course it comes back when I stop.
GP says I probably stretched the nerve bundle in my shoulder when lifting the suitcase and that it will just heal itself over time. But how long should it take? And is there anything I can do to assist the healing process? Any thoughts welcome.
About This Thread
Maintained by Endorphins Junky
- Frozen shoulder, can I still run or will it make it worse?
- Quick (and probably dumb) question about a frozen shoulder.
- running after fractured shoulder (8 weeks post break)
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT)
- Help please - Power of Fetch - possible ITB advice needed
- Burning feet? Also meal plans
- Advice from medical people wanted on bike fall arm injury
- Broken ankle - advice please (physio's, runners, those who've had a break)
- Broken foot(2nd metatarsal)
- Numb Toes / Shoe Advice