Stress fractures :-(

1 watcher
Apr 2012
9:20pm, 2 Apr 2012
15 posts
  •  
loucass
Am hoping someone can put my mind at rest please! Last June i suffered a stress fracture of the 3rd metatarsal (MRI scan showed it) I had a pot for 2 weeks and a boot for a further 4. I took 3 months off running and followed advice to slowly return. I have upped my mileage the last month and am feeling some, not pain but niggling on the top of the foot where it fractured. It doesn't hurt when i press it and doesn't hurt when running but i can feel 'something'? I've heard it could be scar tissue? is it possible it could refracture 10 months on?
Apr 2012
9:24pm, 2 Apr 2012
12,323 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
It could re-fracture, but it doesn't sound like it has.
You can get ongoing niggles for quite a while, a sensation that 'something is there', but not as bad as the pain associated with the fracture.

It could also be a warning that what caused the stress hasn't gone and is starting to be a problem again.
Take it easy, so how it goes. Drop the mileage a bit for a month and then build back up again.
Apr 2012
9:25pm, 2 Apr 2012
4,819 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I'm sure someone with some sound advise will pop along soon, but in the meantime I just wanted to send some healing vibes and hope its nothing serious. And hi :)
Apr 2012
9:49pm, 2 Apr 2012
16 posts
  •  
loucass
thanks JonnyO - i have a mountain marathon in June so putting training back is not my first option. think i may take a trip to see my fizz! Thanks geordiegirl!!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by loucass
Am hoping someone can put my mind at rest please! Last June i suffered a stress fracture of the 3rd ...