Stress fracture or inflammed tendon in foot?

2 watchers
May 2013
6:48am, 21 May 2013
14,336 posts
  •  
hellen
Thanks, I have plenty of those bands!
May 2013
7:24pm, 21 May 2013
466 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
I've picked up something similar to this following the NDW50 on Saturday. Just came on this afternoon while sat at my desk - exactly as if my shoe was too tight. It was a little sore on the walk to the station, but agony walking home after an hour sat on the train. Front of my calves is tender too :(
Is the initial treatment just RICE?
May 2013
10:02pm, 21 May 2013
14,338 posts
  •  
hellen
What is front of calf?

I did a 24 hour race and had tightness at the top of my calf then a few days later this problem started. Never got to the agony stage though.
Have Physio tomorrow
May 2013
11:04pm, 21 May 2013
468 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
Oops - shin
May 2013
8:52am, 23 May 2013
14,339 posts
  •  
hellen
went to physio yesterday, it wasnt either of the above!

He said there is stiffness in one of my joints on the top of my foot nearish the ankle. He did lots of manipulation and said to roll on a tennis ball. Funny thing is, I have a foot log (better than tennis ball) for when I had PF, I stopped using it a few weeks ago so wonder if that had kept this thing at bay

Anyway, roll foot and pull foor around a bit to immobilise it and should be good to go in a few days :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
About a week ago I noticed a pain on the top of my foot. It felt the same as a pain I got a few yea...