Stow on the wold area

1 watcher
Aug 2014
7:58pm, 24 Aug 2014
9 posts
  •  
Winky!
Hi
I'm off to stow on the wold for a wedding at the weekend. Three questions...1) how are the lanes/roads for running in the area? Lethal or okay with caution? 2) does the river Dikler have a path alongside it? 3) any good public footpaths? All responses appreciated! Thank you!

Thanks!
Aug 2014
10:11pm, 24 Aug 2014
7,835 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
getting around a bit with the old weddings, aren't you ?
Aug 2014
10:41pm, 24 Aug 2014
11 posts
  •  
Winky!
Yes! Sure am...four this year, each in a different corner of the uk! Keeps the running interesting though so mustn't grumble!
Aug 2014
11:09pm, 24 Aug 2014
9,002 posts
  •  
RichHL
There's a running club in Bourton on the Water. I've forgotten what they're called. I ran with them a couple of times when I was living in Stow years ago.
Aug 2014
8:36pm, 25 Aug 2014
13 posts
  •  
Winky!
Many thanks. I'll look them up.
Aug 2014
5:59am, 26 Aug 2014
5,174 posts
  •  
JJ Flash
Hi Winky,

You can assemble a lovely, if hilly, run out to the west of Bourton on footpaths, going through the Slaughters. It returns along the river too, as a bonus. I did it at Christmas and had a lot of fun.
Aug 2014
11:04pm, 26 Aug 2014
14 posts
  •  
Winky!
Thank you, JJ Flash - I'll take a peek.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Winky!
Hi
I'm off to stow on the wold for a wedding at the weekend. Three questions...1) how are the lane...