Stomach pain/shutdown ideas

3 watchers
Apr 2018
8:36pm, 9 Apr 2018
109 posts
  •  
Adorescience
My friend has a problem when she runs over about 18/20 miles. So mainly hits during marathons. Part way through she gets a bloated feeling/ pain high up in her stomach. It means she can’t eat or drink anything. It lasts not only until the end of the race but also afterwards. This time she sat in pain for two hours in a car until she got home and lay with her legs in the air.

So we have guessed it is lack of blood flow to her stomach. She eats and drinks regularly before it hits. She has swapped from gels to more natural foods. We have run out of ideas.

Anyone else get this to such a degree? Any ideas Fetchies?
Apr 2018
9:20pm, 9 Apr 2018
19,127 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Dehydration prior to that point?
Apr 2018
10:05pm, 9 Apr 2018
110 posts
  •  
Adorescience
Maybe? I will check. :-)
Apr 2018
10:09pm, 9 Apr 2018
19,128 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I know that if I run hard or long, and don’t hydrate properly afterwards, I get a rock hard pain feeling just below my ribs. It can last several hours. Chocolate milk is my go-to rehydration- easy to digest.
Apr 2018
7:29am, 10 Apr 2018
111 posts
  •  
Adorescience
I just feel bad for K that she ends up running in pain :-(
Apr 2018
7:30am, 10 Apr 2018
19,129 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Of course, it sucks. I hope you get some more responses.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Adorescience
My friend has a problem when she runs over about 18/20 miles. So mainly hits during marathons. Part ...