Stockport 10- Dec 12th 2010

3 watchers
Dec 2010
2:46pm, 12 Dec 2010
1,338 posts
  •  
Kwaka
Great race today, desptite being slippy underfoot in places. Must have been a hazard for the guys at the front going at the speed they go at. I think one took a tumble on a bend when he lost his footing. This is the first time I've run this in 5 years after organising for the past four events. (Its a lot easier running it than organising it)
Dec 2010
3:17pm, 12 Dec 2010
1,885 posts
  •  
I XBelieve In Father Christmas
Good to meet you at last, Kwaka. And Spuglet and KarenT.

It was slippy in places - I minced round a few of the corners and stuck to the road on others. I was truly amazed by the ignorance of some car drivers.

I had a plan to negative split today. Never done one before so it was time to try it out. 44:14 followed by a 40:03 for a 1:24:17. I'm wicked happy with that.

The goody bag was...erm...interesting and left my wife and daughters bemused!! Bloody great t-shirt though.
Dec 2010
4:08pm, 12 Dec 2010
1,339 posts
  •  
Kwaka
Hi XB. great to see you also. Not quite a -ve split for me but fairly even 8mm all the way round apart from the 1st climb & the downhill to mile 8.
Dec 2010
4:53pm, 12 Dec 2010
890 posts
  •  
JamieKai the Holiday Fairy
Great race, thoroughly enjoyed myself - glad I didn't give in to the CBAs that were creeping in first thing.

And the post-race Hotpot was a work of pure genius - yummy!
Dec 2010
5:31pm, 12 Dec 2010
1,414 posts
  •  
Manctinsel Girl
Glad it went so well ( without me!!!!!!) nice comments - only served to make me more upset than I was before about not being able to run it today -- soddin chest !!!!
Dec 2010
5:35pm, 12 Dec 2010
74 posts
  •  
while spuglet watched...
Dear organisers...Doglet says "Ta for the Bonio".
I say cheers all...can I come back next year...#
Nice to meet you too XB & Peta!
Dec 2010
9:46pm, 12 Dec 2010
4,341 posts
  •  
♣ BVR Humbug ♣
Another classic 10 miler - well done Stockport Harriers again.

Love the long sleeve top - clever design - based on profile? Love the seasoning pack. Love the pengiun. MEalworms ---- Aarrghhh!

There were some right miserable sods at the BP garage - giving the marshal a hard time. I hope they gave him a break.

Thanks all marshalls for braving the cold just so I could grunt as I ran past you.

Now... how do we get a look at the race photos?
Dec 2010
8:40am, 13 Dec 2010
2,305 posts
  •  
RunningBob
Great fun yesterday I enjoyed the whole occasion including hotpot in the clubhouse. Well done Stockport Harriers and thanks to the marshals who must have been freezing. I was talking to the photographer who could barely move his fingers.

But it was unfortunately just far too icy to run fast over much of the course. After seeing others take a tumble in the first 2 miles and nearly falling over myself I eased off and concentrated on getting round in one piece. Even so the bit round the estates at 5-6 miles was all just sliding around. It improved over the last 3 miles but by then I was too wary to really stride out. It is a December race so we have to accept the weather but I don't know if anyone has thought of asking the council to grit the route? Apparently this happened at the Cheddleton 10k and saved the race.
Dec 2010
11:01am, 13 Dec 2010
2,307 posts
  •  
RunningBob
Has anyone seen any photos?
Dec 2010
12:58pm, 13 Dec 2010
16 posts
  •  
Dali Lama
BVR Humbug, T shirt design is indeed the profile of the course (if it was run a treadmill) there is a certain organiser/runner who insists he could break world records on his magic treadmill, which was the inspiration (or part of) the design.

About This Thread

Maintained by
stockportharriers.com

Some superb cinematography here for goody ...