Stockholm Jubilee Marathon 2012

8 watchers
Jul 2012
9:25am, 13 Jul 2012
493 posts
  •  
Alexv
Been here since Wednesday. We have been lucky with the weather. Tomorrow is a good compromise on the weather for spectators and runners at 19 - 21 degrees. Off to expo now. Am knackered from walking around Stockholm. A lovely city and very friendly people.
Jul 2012
7:32pm, 13 Jul 2012
3,982 posts
  •  
becca7
Got here early evening and have picked up my number. Got two fake moustaches to wear - one for the start and one for the end of the race. Will have a knotted hanky and the cotton replica vest. It is going to be an uncomfortable 26.2 I think.
Jul 2012
8:50pm, 13 Jul 2012
495 posts
  •  
Alexv
I wimped out on the 100 year old replica shirt in the end....

I went for a rather more comfortable 2012 GB Olympic replica vest (design by Stella McCartney) :-) so I still run in GB colours but wasn't brave enough to run in the cotton! It will be interesting to see who runs which distance either running left or right when entering the stadium. Have fun tomorrow everyone.
Jul 2012
8:52pm, 13 Jul 2012
3,983 posts
  •  
becca7
Yes have a good run everyone.
Jul 2012
8:53pm, 15 Jul 2012
3,812 posts
  •  
Trin
What fun that was!! :)
I really enjoyed the whole event... from the expo on Friday, race yesterday, to the party today.

Had a superb time this afternoon doing the tourist thing in Stockholm and will be kind of sad to leave tomorrow. But jumping on the bike for the ride back through Denmark, Germany and Holland will finish off the trip nicely :)

I looked out for you becca, and other Brits, but didnt see many. Nice to see a brit up on the stage at the party though... for one of the best fancy dress!
Jul 2012
9:54pm, 15 Jul 2012
3,984 posts
  •  
becca7
I think I briefly saw you Trin, about a mile from the turning point. Saw a few other Union Jack shirts though I was surprised at how few runners made an effort with the costumes. Have a good trip back.
Jul 2012
9:45am, 16 Jul 2012
3,813 posts
  •  
Trin
Thanks becca... just about to leave sunny (yes... it really is!) Stockholm
I was surprised that there werent more in fancy dress too... did you see the guy in the Titanic officer uniform... he is a friend of mine and should have won a prize really
Jul 2012
10:35am, 16 Jul 2012
3,985 posts
  •  
becca7
I don't think I saw him. I don't know what happened with the prizes for 1912 costumes - were they giving them out at the party on the Sunday? I couldn't go to that as my flight was on Sunday afternoon.
Jul 2012
1:02pm, 17 Jul 2012
9,871 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Back home, wimped out and did the short marathon, was fine until 15 miles or so, then hills took their toll and it was a bit of struggle to the end. Well run event
Jul 2012
8:43am, 19 Jul 2012
3,814 posts
  •  
Trin
We just landed in Harwich... had breakfast in Halstead and I'm all Essex'ed up for the day :)
Becca... shame you missed the party, and yes... that's when they did the fancy dress prizes, we reckon it was fixed tho ;)

Ultracat... I very nearly went right at the stadium entrance but too many people were going left so I followed. Glad I did now though, I was 51st lady in the short distance but 36th lady in the full distance :)

About This Thread

Maintained by
jubileumsmarathon.se

Anyone interest...