•  
Son of a Pronator Man
have been called worse !
May 2017
11:40pm, 23 May 2017
25 posts
  •  
hamacting
Ah, there was a fellow just up the hill from me cheering on the wee county runners! And there was great support from them at the Alloa Half too - I felt quite jealous :-D
May 2017
12:20pm, 24 May 2017
162 posts
  •  
SooWoo
We had nearly sixty Wee County Harriers entered, not sure what the final number of finishers was but probably 50ish in the end. 'mon teh Wee County!! :-)
May 2017
10:25am, 25 May 2017
2,147 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Was there not supposed to be timing mats at the loops to ensure you had done the 2.5 laps ?

Heard of someone who was having a bad run and couldn't be bothered with the final loop, so cut off to the finish area a lap early, and they've appeared in the results with a great time for them !

They weren't trying to cheat, just wanting to DNF, but I wonder how many others are in the results that shouldn't be, it should have been easy to filter them out if the mats were working.
May 2017
10:37am, 25 May 2017
1,340 posts
  •  
FergusG
There were mats at the gantry, and further along the loops too. Maybe GR just haven't got around to filtering out the 'anomalies' yet?
May 2017
10:45am, 25 May 2017
120 posts
  •  
Nessie
Yes, Gus, there were mats under the double gantry just before the left turn down to the finish. If you didn't pass the right hand one twice, then the left hand one once, apparently they were going to remove times. Normally the first publication of the results has "provisional" somewhere on it, so maybe they haven't been through all of the data yet. Or maybe there's a loophole.

Must admit, my head was telling me to do the same before that last lap. Really tough having to pass the finish twice before getting to end the pain!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Angus Clydesdale
Sunday 21 May 2017

Right now there's 46 of us signed up to do this. Let's make it a MASSIVE FetchFest!

Training starts tomorrow!!

Race is here...
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=914906

Join the group:

VV
                       V