Stiff calf and lower leg muscles.

4 watchers
Aug 2011
11:13pm, 19 Aug 2011
2,840 posts
  •  
SharonD
PMO introducing thoughts of correcting your posture once an hour for a few minutes whilst you go about your daily life and then little and often for runs until it becomes more and more is the most beneficial if you have the discipline to do it - the reason you want to check your posture every hour is to retrain your body to use the muscles to support itself all of the time so that when you go for a run it just becomes a natural way of you being plus bad posture leads to all kinds of niggling injuries whereas good posture helps you avoid injuries and breathe better too.....I'm a little passionate about posture;-)

As for sports massage for anyone London based I'll be seeking volunteers for case studies and treatments from October when I start studying at St. Mary's - fmail me if you're interested...In order to do sports massage you first have to qualify in A&P for holistic and holistic body massage so you won't have a complete masseur novice working on you;-)
pmo
Aug 2011
9:23am, 20 Aug 2011
38 posts
  •  
pmo
Thanks SharonD, I will certainly try that. Having suffered (albeit not that badly) with tight lower legs for a while now it was a revelation to run without feeling them. Whereabouts in London are you studying?
Aug 2011
10:29am, 20 Aug 2011
3,826 posts
  •  
Chrisull
What do you do about sore abdominals though?
Aug 2011
8:19pm, 20 Aug 2011
2,841 posts
  •  
SharonD
PMO I'll be at St Mary;s in Twickenham

Chrisull - if you have sore abdominals when you are running /after then you are using them to stabilise yourself so you smile :-P

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Hi,
I am not new to running but could do with some advice......

As I get older (48 and counting)...