Starting training again after Covid-19

13 watchers
Mar 2021
8:22pm, 8 Mar 2021
26 posts
  •  
Slantendicular
I'm feeling much better now and I'm into week 2 of couch to 5k and though unfit I'm finding doing it fine and no shortness of breath I'm relieved to say. I know others are having different experiences.

I'd definitely recommend listening to your body and not pushing it if you're getting short of breath albeit incredibly frustrating.
May 2021
12:41pm, 20 May 2021
313 posts
  •  
AndyS
So....I finally heard yesterday that the long covid clinic have discharged me back to my GP. They did precisely nothing. Zero. Nada. Nothing.
And took several weeks to do it.

Referred in Jan, had a call with them in early March, then nothing until after I started chasing them - and now they've written back to my GP saying there's nothing they can do for me. To say I feel abandoned is something of an understatement.

So that's pretty much it. Over a year on, and no improvement.
If there's no help, then I doubt I'll ever be able to run again.
May 2021
7:26am, 25 May 2021
2,270 posts
  •  
PenW
Oh I’m sorry to hear that Andy. That sounds very disappointing and difficult.

What are the main difficulties for you (if you don’t mind me asking)?
May 2021
9:21am, 25 May 2021
335 posts
  •  
AndyS
@PenW - Before I got ill, I was about the fittest I've ever been. Now, I get out of breath just putting my socks on, constant pains in my legs (of varying severity), severe fatigue, occasional bouts of dizziness, difficulty sleeping, lapses of concentration - the list goes on. Some days are better than others, but every day is a struggle.
May 2021
11:14am, 25 May 2021
2,271 posts
  •  
PenW
Oh that sounds totally rubbish.

Did they give you any information on things like fatigue management, breathing exercises and sleep? I can ask what sort of stuff our long covid clinic suggests and offers if you like. One of my colleagues provides some input into it.
May 2021
11:24am, 25 May 2021
337 posts
  •  
AndyS
Absolutely nothing at all.

It's hard to imagine that I'd have heard anything at all from them if I hadn't chased them - and now they've just dismissed me out of hand. Given some of the posts I've seen on social media, I can't help feeling they might have paid a little more attention if I was more photogenic.
May 2021
4:30pm, 25 May 2021
36,771 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Am really sorry, its really pants.
May 2021
2:53pm, 28 May 2021
First-time poster!!
  •  
Tim88
I was in the same situation as you. I found out that I had covid and after that, I stayed in the house for three weeks until everything passed. After I got rid of this, it was a while before I regained my strength and returned to normal life. Just the other day I did <a href="https://www.confirmbiosciences.com/covid19-sars-antigen-rapid-swab-test/">antigen corona test</a> to make sure everything was fine and the result was negative, so I got rid of the covid completely.
May 2021
2:56pm, 28 May 2021
2 posts
  •  
Tim88
I was in the same situation as you. I found out that I had covid and after that, I stayed in the house for three weeks until everything passed. After I got rid of this, it was a while before I regained my strength and returned to normal life. Just the other day I did [URL=https://www.confirmbiosciences.com/covid19-sars-antigen-rapid-swab-test/]antigen corona test[/URL] to make sure everything was fine and the result was negative, so I got rid of the covid completely.
May 2021
3:01pm, 28 May 2021
3 posts
  •  
Tim88
I was in the same situation as you. I found out that I had covid and after that, I stayed in the house for three weeks until everything passed. After I got rid of this, it was a while before I regained my strength and returned to normal life. Just the other day I did a crown antigen test from confirmbiosciences.com to make sure everything was fine and the result was negative, so I got rid of the covid completely.

About This Thread

Maintained by Slantendicular
Lying in bed after a positive Covid test last week I'm (hopefully) on the mend. I caught this ...