Starting out

1 watcher
Dec 2016
5:35pm, 18 Dec 2016
First-time poster!!
  •  
MaisieMoo
I would like to get back into running. In my student days I was a regular fell runner but life has got in the way and I finally got back into running 12 yrs later after 2 children and a very sedate lifestyle. I started running this summer and even completed a couple of the park runs. however, come the dark nights and work commitments I've done hardly anything. I am looking for advise, I've decided to really try hard to get back into running more seriously but have been looking at a few websites and they recommend you start with visiting a decent shoe shop and invest in a 'proper' pair of trainers. Is this recommended? The shoes I use are quite old but I don't want to spend a fortune on new ones. Will it make a huge difference to me? What do people reccomend doing? Would be good to hear people's thoughts.
Dec 2016
5:53pm, 18 Dec 2016
6,111 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Welcome - There is a good beginners thread on here which will probably answer a lot of your questions as you go along.

I would strongly recommend proper running shoes suited to your gait - they don't need to be the most expensive but you are more at risk of being injured if you run in unsuitable shoes.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I would like to get back into running. In my student days I was a regular fell runner but life has g...