starting from scratch (zero miles in the past 12+months)

5 watchers
Jan 2014
3:38pm, 22 Jan 2014
39 posts
  •  
Rexxiii
Jon T - ive done 4 runs of 2 mile now 3 with no knee pain at all, but my last one i could feel a slight niggle, feels ok this morning though not sure if it was just the natural increase in pace, and lengthening of stride.
Toadie - hows yourtrainung going, had much chance to get out ?
Jan 2014
4:39pm, 22 Jan 2014
11,787 posts
  •  
Gooner
My left knee has been niggling but I think it's purely down to a tight adductor so just taking it slow today to see if that helps...
Jan 2014
8:45pm, 23 Jan 2014
453 posts
  •  
Toadie
Yeah got out today! Longer running (10 minutes slow running, 4 minutes walking), and it felt a lot easier too. Can't decide whether next time I should try a stretch of continuous running for 20 minutes or do another run/walk. Didn't quite make it to 2 miles though!

Taking it slowly is definitely the way to go.
Jan 2014
8:46pm, 23 Jan 2014
454 posts
  •  
Toadie
Hope all the niggles on the thread are behaving themselves, also. Keep it up!
Jan 2014
9:47pm, 23 Jan 2014
11,808 posts
  •  
Gooner
I managed a slow 5k yesterday without walking and it felt ok but still wary of pushing too much too soon.
Jan 2014
12:39pm, 29 Jan 2014
40 posts
  •  
Rexxiii
had the weekend off from my planned run due to birthday celebrations, but still stuck to my plan of upping my milage last night, knee is holding up so far 3mile run/shuffle in the bag, had a 2 min walk break, thenfinished at an ok pace, 5 more 3 mile runs then 4 mile here i come

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi im back on fetch after a while away for various reasons and wanting to get back into running/jogg...