•  
Night-owl
Welcome to Fetch PP and Good luck
Sep 2015
12:05pm, 13 Sep 2015
861 posts
  •  
shyfire
Good Luck with c25k PP, will be watching your progress with interest.

I'm starting from scratch AGAIN, this time heavier than I've ever been. Some groundwork required for the next month or so before starting c25k - firstly it's healthy diet, walking, spin bike, gym. Have booked a PT session every week, scarily expensive but hopefully will keep on the right track without slacking or overdoing it.
Sep 2015
12:31pm, 13 Sep 2015
9,456 posts
  •  
Torry Quine
I'm in the same boat PP, starting again after a couple of years of next to nothing.
Sep 2015
1:55pm, 13 Sep 2015
1,904 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Hello PurpleP and welcome to Fetch. I'm starting again after being injured since March - just little bits, never too much, not too fast and making sure that I enjoy myself and don't damage anythng again!
Sep 2015
1:56pm, 13 Sep 2015
1,905 posts
  •  
Cyclops
*anything*
Sep 2015
6:55pm, 13 Sep 2015
4 posts
  •  
PurplePlodder
Hi everyone :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. Great to read a few of us are starting out again.

Shyfire - I know the 'gained weight' feeling, I've lost a stone and a half (slimming world) and been doing classes at the gym. It was a year since I last logged my gym key into the gym machines though when I went back last week! lol I'm sure your ground work will help when you start out running. C25k is a great plan.

Cyclops - hope you manage to stay injury free. I hurt my shoulder powerlifting which was awful for a while but stopping lifting has helped a lot. I have a dropped arch too so hoping to be able to work around it and still run.. time will tell on that one. I'm on my feet at work too so it suffers that way too.

Torry Q - good luck starting out :)
Sep 2015
5:07pm, 14 Sep 2015
11,464 posts
  •  
jennywren
Hello PP, welcome to Fetch.

I've been injured for over a year and had an operation on my hip just over 6 months ago. Starting again from scratch too. Just able to run for a minute x 4 with 2 minutes recovery, but hope to build up without too many problems now (I've 'started again' a few times already but it was too soon as I ended up in lots of pain again). Will have to build up to C25k!

Good luck with everything everyone :-)
Sep 2015
6:17pm, 14 Sep 2015
10 posts
  •  
PurplePlodder
Hi Jenny,

Sorry to hear about injury and op. You are on the road to recovery, that is a big step forward for you and hope it goes smoothly for you.

It's blowing a gale here, and chucking it down. Honestly! lol I'm heading to the gym with my 16 year old in half an hour though. :) It's day 3 really but I set up the plan on here, so not sure whether to start again as it suggests. Either way I do the same run tonight, so will decide on Wednesday.

Will post when I get back.. Good luck all those putting their trainers on ;).
Sep 2015
9:22pm, 14 Sep 2015
12 posts
  •  
PurplePlodder
:) home and glad to be tucked up in the warm - it's truly awful out there tonight.

Run / Walk went really well - I decided to start again, so used a new app and am following the plan I loaded on here. it matches as far as I can see.

I made the mistake of leaving the timer on my phone so found myself looking at it with 10 seconds to go each time.. so the final run forced myself not to look.. must make sure it's not on my phone on Wednesday. I'm working Wednesday so there is a challenge to make the gym for run/walk and the boxfit class after it that we normally go to.
Oct 2015
4:45pm, 25 Oct 2015
78 posts
  •  
chocciemonster
Hey I'm starting again after five years of no running. First day of a couch to 5k plan today. Really want to stick to it I miss my running days

About This Thread

Maintained by GimmeMedals
Once again I have let running take a back seat. 3 months ago I could comfortably run 10k and a bit fu...