Starting again/ injury advice

1 watcher
Dec 2018
2:57pm, 8 Dec 2018
13 posts
  •  
slob
Hi folks. I’m after some advice. I used to run 4/5 times a week until I felt something pull in my left calf area(felt like a burning sensation). I took a month out and tried to start again slowly but felt the pain again, I decided to rest up for six month this was a couple of years ago.

Does anyone have any warm up routines that help warm the calf area up before a run? Also I’m after something to support my calf whilst I slowly build my strength up. Is there anything out there that will do this? I’ve looked with no gain.
Cheers
Ady
Dec 2018
3:01pm, 8 Dec 2018
51,834 posts
  •  
swittle
Welcome to Fetch, slob. Here's a link to a large number of discussions about calf injuries, recovery and calf guards.

It's a very common area for injury - I found that patience was the most valuable quality, along with massage and structured stretching.

fetcheveryone.com/search.php?search=calf&submit=Go
Dec 2018
3:30pm, 8 Dec 2018
2,733 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
The burning sensation sounds something like achilles tendonitis.

Certainly get yourself a calf support or calf guards. If some regular strengthening is needed, try doing some eccentric heel drops (ten x twice a day).

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi folks. I’m after some advice. I used to run 4/5 times a week until I felt something pull in my ...