BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
Starting again/ injury advice
2:57pm, 8 Dec 2018
slobHi folks. I’m after some advice. I used to run 4/5 times a week until I felt something pull in my left calf area(felt like a burning sensation). I took a month out and tried to start again slowly but felt the pain again, I decided to rest up for six month this was a couple of years ago.
Does anyone have any warm up routines that help warm the calf area up before a run? Also I’m after something to support my calf whilst I slowly build my strength up. Is there anything out there that will do this? I’ve looked with no gain.
3:01pm, 8 Dec 2018
swittleWelcome to Fetch, slob. Here's a link to a large number of discussions about calf injuries, recovery and calf guards.
It's a very common area for injury - I found that patience was the most valuable quality, along with massage and structured stretching.
3:30pm, 8 Dec 2018
Surrey PhilThe burning sensation sounds something like achilles tendonitis.
Certainly get yourself a calf support or calf guards. If some regular strengthening is needed, try doing some eccentric heel drops (ten x twice a day).
About This Thread
Maintained by fetcheveryone
- Ultra Marathons
- How long to train for a half-marathon when not starting from scratch
- Slow Release Energy for Long Runs
- FREE England Athletics Webinars
- Starting training again after Covid-19
- FREE England Athletics Webinars - February 2021
- Tips for New Marathoners
- Post-Coronavirus recovery training
- Back to running after long break and barefoot running.
- Intervals at 5k pace - why 5k pace?