Start Something in September

23 watchers
Sep 2018
10:39am, 27 Sep 2018
203 posts
  •  
carolyn_t
Inspired by another Fetch forum thread I am starting to read a book from every year of my life.

Also going to try to do some art work, even if just a little doodle, every day.
Sep 2018
11:16am, 27 Sep 2018
24,688 posts
  •  
LindsD
Those are great startings, Carolyn.
Sep 2018
11:32am, 27 Sep 2018
5,618 posts
  •  
sallykate
I started weights in the form of kettlebells and have managed to find a routine to keep them going, including the apparently impossible (at first) clean and jerk.
Sep 2018
11:34am, 27 Sep 2018
24,689 posts
  •  
LindsD
Well done, sk.

I have just said no to a student looking for help that would be better sought elsewhere. Previously I would have gone and done the research for them.
Sep 2018
11:35am, 27 Sep 2018
24,169 posts
  •  
DocMoye
I did my first Pilates session this week .... ( See blog)
Sep 2018
11:38am, 27 Sep 2018
9,184 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Well done you lot
I have attempted to tackle several things but am currently ground to a halt again
Sep 2018
11:40am, 27 Sep 2018
13,874 posts
  •  
Sharkie
*applauds*

That ^ is for Linds because she's still practicing saying no. And that's a PROPER no!

*applauds again*

Good work by carolyn and sallykate too. The keeping going is harder than starting so more applause is in order.

Getting my weights routine going is my success of the month - but I've got a big fail on starting the drawings I have planned. (And have had planned since January - sigh) Good luck with your artwork plans carolyn.
Sep 2018
11:41am, 27 Sep 2018
938 posts
  •  
Raemond
I've re-painted the down stairs loo. Excitement!

I've failed to look into or book the inbergering exams though. Or to chase up the agents for the studio appartement that needed to be cleaned and fixed up.
Sep 2018
11:46am, 27 Sep 2018
39,249 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I've started knitting myself some running kit. Last winter I used a handknitted jumper that's a just a little too loose on me as one of my layers for training runs on frosty evenings; I'm now making one that should fit more closely and using it as a way of working out the stitch counts for the design before making another in better yarn. I'll add cuffs with thumb holes that can be folded down to keep my hands warm, and maybe a little pocket for a key and a couple of toffees.

I started it on the way to Ireland. I got several enquiries on the ferry about what I was making, for I'm working it top down on a circular needle (I'll do anything to avoid seaming) and the shaped neck and top of the yoke looked quite odd.
Sep 2018
9:53pm, 29 Sep 2018
13,886 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Reporting in to say that I'm very happy that the thing I started at the start of the month - and have kept going - reaped a real reward today, a month later. That's just about long enough for weight training to have a real effect.

I nailed substantial PBs on the Shot and the Discus. As I've had fuck all throws coaching this year I can only put it down to added power and strength.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Hello fans and followers of Do A New Thing for Spring ... how do you feel about an autumnal version?...