Star Trek - to boldly go..

28 watchers
Oct 2022
7:40am, 18 Oct 2022
214 posts
  •  
roflaherty
What did we all think of Crisis Point 2 this week?

Just the final two episodes of Lower Decks to go now - then we're back with Prodigy!
Oct 2022
8:33am, 19 Oct 2022
2,214 posts
  •  
Nadders (aka monsenb1)
great episode, much more preferable to last week's, nice twist at the end :)
Oct 2022
8:59am, 20 Oct 2022
215 posts
  •  
roflaherty
Totally agree Nadders (aka monsenb1)! A massive step up - and a welcome step up.

Looking forward to the return of Prodigy now next week on P+!
Oct 2022
8:08am, 27 Oct 2022
220 posts
  •  
roflaherty
Happy double Star Trek week!

Finale of Lower Decks and first episode in the second half of season 1 of Prodigy!
Nov 2022
9:16am, 1 Nov 2022
2,218 posts
  •  
Nadders (aka monsenb1)
the wife insists on watching the whole of the first half of prodigy season 1 before starting with the new stuff, but the LD finale was good, its been a strong season.
Nov 2022
4:22pm, 1 Nov 2022
1,065 posts
  •  
The Mussile
Enjoyed the last episode of Lower Decks but still feels to me like there are some missed opportunities in the swift resolution of a potentially interesting storyline.

Only a couple of meh episodes in this series but the DS9 one was the standout best episode.
Nov 2022
11:07am, 2 Nov 2022
2,219 posts
  •  
Nadders (aka monsenb1)
I guess Lower Decks by definition is swift. The whole Pakled storyline from last season was resolved off-screen in episode 1. Presumably, you refer mainly to the resolution of Rutherford's story? I agree as it has been developed from as early as season 1, but it's quite consistent with what they've done in the past..
Nov 2022
1:35pm, 2 Nov 2022
39,846 posts
  •  
Nellers
OK, I'm way way behind but I'm 4 episodes into series 3 of Discovery. Does it get good at all, because I'm feeling like I should try (it is Trek after all!) but I am really struggling to keep going with it.
Nov 2022
3:46pm, 2 Nov 2022
1,066 posts
  •  
The Mussile
Nellers I only really thought that Discovery was good in the second half of series 1, series 2 was OK and Series 3 was a bit WTF? Never watched S4 as it wasnt on netflix anymore

Nadders (aka monsenb1) I was referring to the drone ships part of the Rutherford plot, think that could have been developed into a series long war (thinking Federation vs Dominion in DS9) as the one thing that the series is missing is a proper adversary but then possibly hard to keep it amusing. The Pakleds have always been a bit rubbish and don't make much sense as a species other than as an occasional fall guy.
Nov 2022
5:35am, 3 Nov 2022
224 posts
  •  
roflaherty
Discovery!

Season 1 works best binge watched.
Season 2 I loved.
Season 3 slow paced, universe ending plot.
Season 4 slow paced, universe ending plot.

Seasons 3 and 4 definitely could have done with having 2-3 stories/arc during the run. Have to say, the idea of the treasure/scavenger hunt for the fifth season looks and sounds more episodic.

Nellers it's not that I didn't enjoy it, but I would suggest the constant universe ending story line gets a little repetitive.

Lower Decks: for me the show has no definition. When it tells an original story it's excellent, but for me it fell back and relied on the nostalgia too much. More of the good episodes from the year please!!

About This Thread

Anyone watching Star Trek: Picard?
What an amazing episode the most recent one was!
Also thoughts ...