Star Trek - to boldly go..

28 watchers
May 2022
2:41pm, 6 May 2022
143 posts
  •  
roflaherty
As far as I've read Nadders (aka monsenb1) we will get all eight aired episodes in one go - then every Friday for new instalments.

Still unsure as to if we will get Prodigy, of if Nick UK have the first run rights to show it.... you'd like to think that Paramount negotiated that so they could throw the first ten up as soon as they launch, but you never will know.

The Centre Seat rf_fozzy is not a bad show. A little over the top at times, but one of the first mainstream documentaries (that I am aware of) that has tried to document the Gene Roddenberry side of the story in detail. So kudos to them for that.
May 2022
4:55pm, 18 May 2022
147 posts
  •  
roflaherty
Is it June 22nd yet...?! I want to see Strange New Worlds!
May 2022
11:18pm, 19 May 2022
2,181 posts
  •  
monsenb1
No it isn't, and won't be for a long time... :(
May 2022
11:30pm, 19 May 2022
27,276 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I thought Picard S2 was all over the shop. A bit disappointing on the whole.
May 2022
11:39pm, 19 May 2022
2,182 posts
  •  
monsenb1
it had its moments :)
May 2022
7:42am, 20 May 2022
283 posts
  •  
AJLB
I didn't think P2 was bad, but it didn't boldly go - for a series that was essentially set in (almost) earth, and literally finished up where it started, it felt like a non-journey. I think it's always been hard to make Q work as anything more than light entertainment, and he was too sombre here. The fact that the highlights for me were seeing boombox man and Wesley again probably says it all!
May 2022
9:14am, 30 May 2022
151 posts
  •  
roflaherty
Picard S2 for me was a little disjointed. I think the eight episodes spent on earth could have been shortened. The Jurati/Queen interactions where outstanding though.

Nothing will suppress my excitement for season 3 - getting the gang back together one last time, I hope will be what we all wanted to see.

I'd also like to see a Seven/Raffi spin off from Picard (a la Strange New Worlds from Discovery). In fact a Seven back to Starfleet redemption story, and Raffi rebuilding her life story might be quite a good limited run series.

Still not sold on the idea of a Section 31 series... unless it is done like NCIS in space - but I doubt that!
May 2022
1:41pm, 31 May 2022
2,184 posts
  •  
monsenb1
Gutted they cancelled DST in London this year...

They can't win with Picard, they tried to do something different in S1, the critics say its not what we know and love.. they announce the return of most of the cast for S3, the critics say they're just doing it for nostalgia and fan service, they try a bit of both in S2.. it's neither here nor there..

Sure it's not perfect but I enjoyed it and looking forward to S3...

Section 31 would be great if we get a lot of Michelle Yeoh.. and yeh I would prefer it to be episodic.
Jun 2022
3:16pm, 1 Jun 2022
152 posts
  •  
roflaherty
By all accounts SNW has returned to weekly episodes... and there's complaints that there doesn't seem to be an overarching storyline! You couldn't make this up, you really could not.

Yeah, bit of a surprise DST being cancelled. Hope you had not sunk too much money in to it. I nearly bought flights the weekend before last - very glad I waited.
Jun 2022
1:48pm, 2 Jun 2022
2,185 posts
  •  
monsenb1
I got screwed on a Tim Russ photo-op last year, I even waited until te final week before choosing my phto-ops and it turned out they knew he had cancelled but still had him available to book. I got a voucher I was hoping to use for this years event.

About This Thread

Anyone watching Star Trek: Picard?
What an amazing episode the most recent one was!
Also thoughts ...