BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Star Trek - to boldly go..

23 watchers
1 May
11:38pm, 1 May 2021
25052 posts
Johnny Blaze
I think the Kes/Neelix relationship was utter bobbins.
3 May
6:24pm, 3 May 2021
2075 posts
monsenb1
There are some real gems in the Short Treks, my favourites are Calypso, The Brightest Star, and Q&A.. (and Children of Mars, but I think that is only included only with the Picard DVD)
3 May
6:34pm, 3 May 2021
26844 posts
Dave.O
If I was on Voyager I'd have put Neelix in torpedo tube myself. One of the best characters was Robert Picardo as the Doctor. I enjoyed the episode where the doctor meets his creator.
6 May
8:07am, 6 May 2021
13999 posts
Homer
The Doctor was by far the most memorable character. Says a lot about some of the other. I love Star Trek but I really struggled to like Voyager. I think the points above about the arc are spot on. There is always a balance between arc and episode and the modern trend, like the new Discovery, is for no episodic-closure. Something in-between is needed for a long running series I think.
17 Jun
2:20pm, 17 Jun 2021
38671 posts
Nellers
I’ve just finished watching Picard. I know I’m late to the party but I quite enjoyed it. Some elements felt a little bit Descent but I thought they managed to do an interesting story with enough nostalgia and enough new elements that it worked, for me at least.

Where can I find these “short treks” though?
17 Jun
2:46pm, 17 Jun 2021
551 posts
The Mussile
some are on Netflix hidden within the Discovery series
17 Jun
2:52pm, 17 Jun 2021
14750 posts
rf_fozzy
amazon.co.uk

Some of them are on Netflix in the "traliers and more section"
17 Jun
2:53pm, 17 Jun 2021
14751 posts
rf_fozzy
Annoyingly though, that DVD of them doesn't include "Children of Mars"

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by monsenb1
Anyone watching Star Trek: Picard?
What an amazing episode the most recent one was!
Also thoughts ...