Standard shoes v performance shoes

1 watcher
Mar 2016
8:46pm, 2 Mar 2016
31,879 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I have 'various' trainers tried many different you name it I've tried.

Settled on Nike ran in Pegasus/lunar glides for years but Lunar racers for short races.

Lately I've found the lunar racers and also the tempo (very similar) better for all running especially distance. The are fairly minimal shoe and I ain't a racing snake.

Has anyone else found lightweight shoes better for all occasions ?
Mar 2016
10:02pm, 2 Mar 2016
984 posts
  •  
Brighouse Boy
I also used to have Lunarglides as my default running shoe, but these days I use Adidas Boston Boost / Adios Boost for everything. Whilst they are not a minimalist shoe, they are quite light, but also seem to be well made and resilient
Mar 2016
8:51am, 3 Mar 2016
1,443 posts
  •  
Fitz
I wear the same shoes (Brooks Glycerin) for all road running regardless of distance or tempo.

Ain't no point putting race tyres on a Cortina.
Mar 2016
9:04am, 3 Mar 2016
3,374 posts
  •  
minardi
I'm with Fitz :-)
drj
Mar 2016
2:55pm, 18 Mar 2016
11 posts
  •  
drj
I'm with Hills of Death - wear Saucony Kinvara for road not matter speed or distance (light and 4mm drop). Not sure of benefit of heavier shoes for everyday running - perhaps you get the benefit on race day of feeling lighter - but I'm convinced the extra cushioning might lead to bad habits when plodding ......

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
I have 'various' trainers tried many different you name it I've tried.

Settled on Nike ran in ...