Stable flats

3 watchers
Oct 2017
6:03pm, 22 Oct 2017
31,796 posts
  •  
Nellers
So my standard choice of training shoe is a Brooks Adrenaline. I'm onto my 5th or 6th pair. Before that I was in Brooks Vapors. I like Brooks shoes. They seem to fit my feet.

Alongside that I've been wearing Zoot Kapilanis as my "fast shoes". I know they're not really what you'vd call a Racing Flat but I've had wobbly ankle problems in the fast and liked the stability they offered as well as the lighter weight.

So my 4th pair of faithful Kaps are in their last few miles and I can't find any more for sale anywhere (unless you lot can point me to somewhere that do still stock them).

So what alternatives are there that might give me a nice compromise between stability and lighter weight without costing an absolute fortune? Thank you Fetch Hive Mind.
Oct 2017
6:19pm, 22 Oct 2017
666 posts
  •  
Oranj
Before I broke a toe and couldn't race in flats any more, Adidas Boston were my go-to race shoe. A bit expensive, but perhaps last year's model will be cheaper?
Oct 2017
8:16pm, 22 Oct 2017
2,357 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
I think the adidas Boston is officially a neutral shoe. Outside of the out and out racers, eg Adios, I think the lightweight support trainer in the adidas range is the Tempo.

Have you tried Hokas ? The Arahi is a support shoe and quite light.

The New Balance 1500 is a racing shoe with in built support - I use the NB 1400 which is the neutral equivalent.
SPR
Oct 2017
6:38pm, 23 Oct 2017
25,128 posts
  •  
SPR
I was going to mention the NB RC1500. They are flatter than the RC1400 (6mm vs 10mm drop) and seem to be the shoe of choice for NB elite road racers. The 1600 was 5mm drop and neutral but seems to have been discontinued.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
So my standard choice of training shoe is a Brooks Adrenaline. I'm onto my 5th or 6th pair. Bef...