Sports Personality of the Year 2015

9 watchers
Dec 2015
11:02pm, 20 Dec 2015
4,838 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Looking at the voting results I am appalled that Tyson Fury did so well and got more than twice the votes of Mo Farah. Having said that if I'd cared that much I should have got off my backside and voted I guess....
Dec 2015
11:02pm, 20 Dec 2015
6,372 posts
  •  
Badger
But he picked up 35% of that public vote, 7% ahead of the closest competitor. And, yes, he didn't add to his two slams this year, but he did finish second in the rankings, just ahead of Federer who has been in very good form.

Think it was pretty clear that he was doing it for Britain, wearing the Union Flag proudly.
Dec 2015
11:03pm, 20 Dec 2015
6,373 posts
  •  
Badger
Totally agree with Baroness. (I didn't vote either...)
Dec 2015
11:07pm, 20 Dec 2015
1,189 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
We had family around for the day, so I didn't get around to voting.
Dec 2015
11:15pm, 20 Dec 2015
8,279 posts
  •  
D2 turtle doves
I voted for Greg, I think his training is phenomenal as is his attitude to performance in competition. Have you seen his training run up those steps?!
Dec 2015
11:16pm, 20 Dec 2015
12,653 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
I'm pleased Kevin Sinfield was runner up medal
Dec 2015
9:18am, 21 Dec 2015
10,797 posts
  •  
Santas Little Sausage
I didn't vote.

it was the sychophant's dullsville show. I got to Ennis and was nearly sick at the fawning nonsense.

I don't have much of a problem with Fury, he gets punched in the head for a living, and is plainly an idiot, I did see Fury's interview and he did not know what the word reflection meant. That explains a lot.

I suspect a concerted rugby league voting scam for runner up. Fair enough.

Mo's vote was extremely low, but I would say that is a result of the low esteem athletics is held in, after all he is our greatest athlete ever, unless you are a bright shiny smiling woman.

Greg doesn't get much of look in does he.

As for Murray, I think the Davis Cup resut show how weak tennis is as a sport, and that the format is fundamentally flawed, team should not be number 1 in the world, with one very good player. The rule should be each player plays 1 game per match. Let's see where the UK would end up then.

Anyway, as I said, generally speaking Dullsville.

However, Manchester United and Liverpool are bloody hilarious.

Baroness, I have several of my English pounds riding on Luton, Brentford, Peterborough and Arsenal. Each-Way.
Dec 2015
9:26am, 21 Dec 2015
2,853 posts
  •  
Nelly
So the general public exercise their right to vote how they want in an open vote and it's a "rugby league voting scam" you really do talk absolute rubbish don't you???
Dec 2015
9:28am, 21 Dec 2015
2,889 posts
  •  
Ceratonia
Never watch it, but colleagues at work who know I'm a rugby league fan tell me that Lizzie Jones made an appearance and got in a plug for heart defect testing, which I'm pleased about. Also that Bailey Matthews, the 8 year old who completed a triathlon, got to spend the evening with Sinfield & the Leeds team, who are his heroes.

10 years ago, winning the Ashes got the whole team an MBE or OBE. Now, it's become so routine that no cricketer was even on the shortlist!
Dec 2015
9:31am, 21 Dec 2015
1,556 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
I've never paid it much attention since the year Desert Orchid won by a mile (this was before the short list nonsense) and was disqualified for being a horse even though he clearly had more personality than the eventual winner Damon Hill...

About This Thread

Maintained by Autumnleaves
Good list of finalists this year?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/34845334?ns_mchanne...