Sports bras

3 watchers
Apr 2016
12:15pm, 4 Apr 2016
1,887 posts
  •  
Tomsmum
Invented by an evil double jointed person or what?

My boobs have increased in size disproportionately to my rib cage in recent years and so although I can squeeze into my previous front fastening bra they squeeze back out again! So off I went to wiggle to buy a new one http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shock-absorber-active-multi-sports-support-ss16/. Fit is great and feels fantastic but.. I can do up either the top one and then get it over my head or do the put it in backwards and do up and then twist and wriggle thing - but in no way can I get both clasps done up myself, in fact I am not sure that anyone could!! Sometimes I have DH or a child around to help me, but often I don't and the top clip will have to remain undone! Undoing is the same...I can do the lower one -just but not the middle one though I can just about with some effort get it over my head. Not move when it's sweaty and I am shattered..
Apr 2016
12:37pm, 4 Apr 2016
6,744 posts
  •  
Duchess
I cannot deal with those multi-fastening things...

I have two of these from M&S marksandspencer.com if you like the front fastening bras.
Apr 2016
12:39pm, 4 Apr 2016
1,929 posts
  •  
Lemon10
I also wear shock absorber and almost dislocate my shoulders every time I try to fasten / unfasten that top clip.
Apr 2016
1:25pm, 4 Apr 2016
19,077 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I like moving comfort; they are a faff to get off tho'.
Apr 2016
1:36pm, 4 Apr 2016
9,460 posts
  •  
LindsD
No wisdom here, just fellow-feeling. Have yet to find a sports bra that a. doesn't get a wonky catch within a month and b. I can do up myself. Got a random woman in the loo queue at GSR to do it once.
Apr 2016
1:55pm, 4 Apr 2016
2,477 posts
  •  
JustDistracted (JD)
I've got a couple of those, and never undo the top hook! I can do the bottom hook fine? Must be the yoga ;)
Other folks have mentioned dodgy hooks on Shock absorber bras - I've been wearing them almost daily for the last 3 years (not the *same* one) and it's only happened once on one that was getting old anyway, maybe I've been lucky!
Apr 2016
1:56pm, 4 Apr 2016
3,259 posts
  •  
ndellar
I wear that one - my strategy is to do the top clip up, pull it over my head and get it in the right wearing position then I can do the bottom clip up myself 'blind' might take a couple of goes to get it lined up. I agree the fit is great, but definitely a knack to getting it on.
Apr 2016
2:03pm, 4 Apr 2016
12,742 posts
  •  
jennywren
I have several of these in different colours (they do a snazzy red one)

sportsshoes.com

I have to do the twist round thing to get them on but they are easy to get off again and don't have the fiddly top clip thing. I hate Shock Absorber bras and have never found one I found comfortable.
MH
Apr 2016
5:07pm, 4 Apr 2016
367 posts
  •  
MH
I have a couple of those shock absorber bras - I always do up both hooks at the front around the ribcage and then twist it around, and pull up the straps over the shoulders. I know that's not how it's supposed to be done - but neither the bras or me have suffered from it yet! I also like the Moving comfort Juno bra, but that is definitely more of a faff as you have to pull it over your head first.
Apr 2016
5:16pm, 4 Apr 2016
13,825 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
I used to be able to do up the hook-and-eye fastening on those Shock Absorber bras OK (never undid the plastic fastening) but since I did something to my rotator cuff it is far too painful to twist my arm into the right position. It's a shame because they are the only bras I've really felt comfortable in. My problem is straps sliding off my shoulders, whereas the SA racer-back-type straps stay in place. There's money to be made in designing a better sports bra!

About This Thread

Maintained by
Invented by an evil double jointed person or what?

My boobs have increased in size disproportionat...