Sports Bra

5 watchers
Mar 2013
7:12am, 2 Mar 2013
504 posts
  •  
AstraKhanGentry
Well, who'd a thought it?
I do find the shock absorber firm, to the extent of feeling like I am wearing some kind of combination of corset and suit of armour. The bouncy one was a size too big.
What about the one made by sports companies rather than lingerie companies - are they better or worse, do you think?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate that this may have been all done before... when there was nowt but fields out there, but I couldn't scroll back far enough through the threads to find any of those so had to ask again, and Fetchies are such lovely, patient people that I thought you wouldn't mind. (Just read that back-I really do need an I mean that, non-sarcastic icon thingy)
Mar 2013
7:17am, 2 Mar 2013
43,050 posts
  •  
runnerbean
Shock absorber b4490. Have 4 of ones.
Mar 2013
7:18am, 2 Mar 2013
43,051 posts
  •  
runnerbean
4 of these ...bloody googly thing.
Mar 2013
7:34am, 2 Mar 2013
1,354 posts
  •  
rosehip
soft cup Freya for me

freyalingerie.com

The shock absorber b4490 is good but not as easily available in a good range of sizes any more ( House of Fraser was my last successful find) and to get it really supportive I need to buy a cup size smaller than I would normally wear.

The new shock absorber run is a pain because the top fastening is almost impossible to do up by yourself and the adjustable straps have a protective flap thing that keeps getting twisted :(

Enell were my favourites before poor boobies suffered shrinkage!
Mar 2013
7:55am, 2 Mar 2013
507 posts
  •  
AstraKhanGentry
Enell? I will have a look, never heard of them...
Mar 2013
8:00am, 2 Mar 2013
7,463 posts
  •  
fleecy
To find an old thread you can search using the little search icon in the right corner ^^^
However, bra threads are always popular for some reason :) I like the Shock Absorber Run, I found out my local running shop will order in my size for me, as I can't find it anywhere else. The normal Shock Absorber is nowhere near supportive enough, so I wear it under a vest top with one of those built in bras and that's ok. I have one of the compression type Shock Absorbers and it's surprisingly good, though not as comfy as the Run. I'm relatively flat chested though, so it depends what size you are.
Mar 2013
8:02am, 2 Mar 2013
1,091 posts
  •  
wiener dog
I had boob shrinkage too! but in a way that made matters worse ( saggy .... sorry tmi! ) but I can't wear the shock absorber bras - not only do I find them uncomfortable but they give me a real bad 'monoboob' look the Nike Drifit bras suit me - no wires but they have a sort of moulded shape and don't chafe anywhere. Also they sort of look ok if I get really hot & have to ditch my T-shirt 'cos they look like a crop top & have enough coverage to not be indecent.
Mar 2013
8:04am, 2 Mar 2013
14,622 posts
  •  
HellsBells
See my previous blog :-)

I use

Freya underwires at 32GG and really like them except for the rub on my shoulders after more than 12 miles - I have put weight on since last measured and that's probably why
Mar 2013
8:09am, 2 Mar 2013
508 posts
  •  
AstraKhanGentry
Did searching, no joy, I wonder whether the little meltdown deleted stuff?

I will have a look at the Nike ones as well. The shock absorbers I have must be compression type, I will have a look at the Run one as well.
Mar 2013
8:12am, 2 Mar 2013
927 posts
  •  
Weekatiepea
I really like the shock absorber run but they are a bit of a faff to get on, they come in lots of cool colours :)

About This Thread

Maintained by AstraKhanGentry
I have some that I don't very much like, I want to get a couple of new ones. Which are good, which ...