Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Speyside Way ultra

10 watchers
Jun 2013
2:45pm, 20 Jun 2013
20432 posts
HappyG(rrr)
I see santababy, weekatiepea and a few others are doing this. Oppty to chat about it (or in my case cry, whimper, wibble about it, as it's only my second ultra!)

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=77196

There used to be a "Discuss Race" button that created a thread like this and kept it linked to it, but doesn't seem to exist any more?

Anyway, most importantly, how is everyone getting up? I don't want to stay overnight, so looks like a 4am or earlier start to drive up from Edinburgh to Buckie to register and get bus back to Ballindalloch start? Eep! Anyone want to share petrol? :-)G
Jun 2013
3:40pm, 20 Jun 2013
5020 posts
becca7
Heading up to my folks in Fife then on with them to, I think, Elgin a day or so before the race so no mammoth journey on the day. It is a bit of a trek from Leicester- that Nywanda has a lot to answer for - but I guess much more of a trek for her.
Jun 2013
3:52pm, 20 Jun 2013
23516 posts
Old Croc
might pootle along to watch at some point - a mini fetchpoint.
Jun 2013
4:07pm, 20 Jun 2013
20433 posts
HappyG(rrr)
Yay OC, that would be lovely. Mind and say a proper hi! I should be in Fetch colours and so will weekatiepea, she tells me.

Becca, I don't think many will be arriving by car the morning of Sat 24 Aug like me. Most would want to stay over the night before. Unfortunately, I had planned/hoped that my good lady would have come up with me, driven me up, dropped me off at Ballindalloch, met me at a couple of points along the way and driven me home from Buckie on the night. No chance. She'd rather go to the Blair Castle Horse shows. I know my place!

So, anyone else fancy going up crazy early Saturday morning from Edinburgh or environs and back the same night? :-)G
Jun 2013
10:39am, 21 Jun 2013
23521 posts
Old Croc
Will do - probably all fetched up too. Will have to work out times etc where to meet.
Jun 2013
10:41am, 21 Jun 2013
5024 posts
becca7
A mini Fetchpoint. Excellent.
Jun 2013
10:42am, 21 Jun 2013
23522 posts
Old Croc
and if anybody in Elgin before hand gimme a shout
Aug 2013
11:33am, 14 Aug 2013
3640 posts
Nywanda
Hullo. Mr Nywanda will be at race start taking pictures and also popping up at CP1, Fochabers cricket club carpark (3-4 miles after CP2) and Spey Bay, if anyone wants a sausage butty from the Fochabers chipper, place your order now! He is also known to carry a' runners first aid kit', so just flash your Fetch Buff at him and he'll likely dole out food/tea/compeed/meds as required. Except totally don't tell anyone about the meds ;-) Beware his camera; his photos totally made me look untrained and shattered last year....oh, wait a mo...... :-P
Aug 2013
1:25pm, 14 Aug 2013
20688 posts
HappyG(rrr)
Not long to go. Woohoo, only my second ever ultra.

I read that as "...flash your Fetch Butt at him..." :-O

Look forward to seeing you and other Fetchies Ny. Unfortunately I'll have to shoot off after I finish (I'm taxi for _andy and Rentboy, both of whom will prob have been waiting some time for me to finish!) :-)G
Aug 2013
9:31am, 15 Aug 2013
699 posts
Scott S
First ultra here and setting myself a target of finishing more than a specific time.

What's the situation with bags being left at checkpoints? Are they supposed to be something like a carrier bag that you won't ever see again as I wouldn't want to leave a decent backpack and lose it.

Let's hope the seals are out near Portgordon. Do like to watch them when I'm in the area.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
I see santababy, weekatiepea and a few others are doing this. Oppty to chat about it (or in my case...