Southend Marathon

3 watchers
Feb 2017
1:04pm, 15 Feb 2017
1855 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
E-mail received to say that the marathon has been postponed - again!

Given the options on the e-mail, I am going to transfer my entry (free) to the Chelmsford Marathon as I was planning to do my entry for Chelmsford this weekend.
Feb 2017
11:10pm, 15 Feb 2017
1681 posts
  •  
Fitz
It's a shame they couldn't get agreement on road closures with the council. Good news for me is that my expected DNS has magically turned into a free transfer to Chelmsford mara later in the year. Hopefully I'll be fit by then.

Best wishes to the Sarfend organisers, I hope they do eventually get the event off the ground.
Dec 2020
9:09pm, 12 Dec 2020
5373 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Just noticed this flash up on Related Threads. I presume that this one is as dead as a dodo having heard nothing more since the 2017 cancellation.
Dec 2020
11:14pm, 12 Dec 2020
2325 posts
  •  
Fitz
Related Threads,eh? Is *that* what causes threads to be dredged up from the depths of history and attract new posts after 2, 5, 10 years ?!?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Surrey Phil
After the 2012 race was cancelled, a new Spring 2013 date was to be announced according to the race ...