BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Southend Marathon

3 watchers
Feb 2017
1:04pm, 15 Feb 2017
1855 posts
Surrey Phil
E-mail received to say that the marathon has been postponed - again!

Given the options on the e-mail, I am going to transfer my entry (free) to the Chelmsford Marathon as I was planning to do my entry for Chelmsford this weekend.
Feb 2017
11:10pm, 15 Feb 2017
1681 posts
Fitz
It's a shame they couldn't get agreement on road closures with the council. Good news for me is that my expected DNS has magically turned into a free transfer to Chelmsford mara later in the year. Hopefully I'll be fit by then.

Best wishes to the Sarfend organisers, I hope they do eventually get the event off the ground.
Dec 2020
9:09pm, 12 Dec 2020
5373 posts
Surrey Phil
Just noticed this flash up on Related Threads. I presume that this one is as dead as a dodo having heard nothing more since the 2017 cancellation.
Dec 2020
11:14pm, 12 Dec 2020
2325 posts
Fitz