South-East / Central London running shoe shop recommendations

1 watcher
Mar 2017
4:52pm, 28 Mar 2017
5 posts
  •  
El Badgerino
Any recommendations for running shoe shops where they'll do gait analysis etc.

I'm doing the London Marathon and I think my current pair are on their way out. I know I've left it a little late, but was thinking I'd pick up a pair this weekend to run in before the big day.

I've had a few local runners recommend the place in Beckenham, but I was hoping for another pair of Adidas (my current shoes). Looking at their website they only seem to have track and field adidas, no road shoes.

My current pair are Adidas Supernova Glide 7s, but these were not fitted / recommended, but have been good to me for the last 1.5 years.

I do know I have odd toes, so need a big toe box (I had to sell some Saucony Glide 7 as they squished my toes to bleeding on a series of short runs before I gave them up).

Ta in advance

Luke
Mar 2017
5:48pm, 28 Mar 2017
524 posts
  •  
Fravage
There's the London Marathon Store near Spitalfields which I think is basically a Sweatshop (the brand, not staffed by virtual slaves). They definitely stock a decent range of Adidas. But, if your Glide 7's have been good to you, I'd be tempted just to get a new pair of them from t'internet.
.B.
Mar 2017
6:02pm, 28 Mar 2017
29,868 posts
  •  
.B.
I agree with Fravage. If you have done all your training in the current model with no issues, then best not change now, see if you can get another pair and wear them in a bit before the big day.
Welcome to Fetch :-)
Mar 2017
8:33pm, 28 Mar 2017
7 posts
  •  
El Badgerino
I would totally be up for that, but I've a feeling I probably picked them up as and end of line sale item as they now seem to be like hens teeth. When I initially searched the current model seems to have a different name (so not sure how similar it is). However looking around, there is a Glide 8 (last years model) and there seems to be a few more of them around...
.B.
Mar 2017
8:36pm, 28 Mar 2017
29,872 posts
  •  
.B.
if you want to try a shop, Run and Become near Victoria station are good
.B.
Mar 2017
8:39pm, 28 Mar 2017
29,873 posts
  •  
.B.
Also if you haven't already, it's worth looking on Sportsshoes.com. They are very good and usually have older versions really cheaply.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by El Badgerino
Any recommendations for running shoe shops where they'll do gait analysis etc.

I'm doing the Lo...