Sorry to bring this subject up but....

26 watchers
Jun 2006
2:43pm, 27 Jun 2006
0 posts
  •  
Karen
Greg - Might I ask how you (ahem) came across this website??
Jun 2006
2:54pm, 27 Jun 2006
0 posts
  •  
JohnJ
I was thinking the same thing Karen. Maybe i should sport one of these "man" nappies for the Great South later this year. Now don't go getting excited Greg.
Jun 2006
3:01pm, 27 Jun 2006
0 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Certainly not regular as clockwork with me, despite enough fibre, plenty of water and dried apricots and prunes. Was glad of my run last week(!), only just made it back to my flat in time, but was only half a mile away when I needed to go, so thought I'd rather hold it than go and have no loo paper!! Sorry for TMI. Has been the only time so faar that it has happened, though I am upping the distance a bit now, so will prob get it again.
Jun 2006
3:06pm, 27 Jun 2006
0 posts
  •  
Boab
I'm with plodding hippo here, regular as clock work (first thing) but still have problems when running at either lunchtime or evening. Caught out a few months ago now, and luckily I was wearing a base layer and a long sleeved top. Base layer came in very handy!!!!!

The problem with me seems to be drinking too much liquid before I go out on a run, so I have cut back on all liquids to about 300ml an hour. I then drink as much as I want after my run, and I have not had a problem since. I have also cut down on dried fruit before a run.
Jun 2006
3:14pm, 27 Jun 2006
0 posts
  •  
Max71
You see, I must be strange as this never ever happens to me. Even if I need to do a wee, as soon as I start running my body just shuts down and the feeling goes away.

However the second I put the key in the front door my body wakes up again and inevitably I have to sprint up the stairs................
Jun 2006
3:14pm, 27 Jun 2006
0 posts
  •  
Le Greg - new improved recipe
Karen - only trying to help, honest.
Jun 2006
3:16pm, 27 Jun 2006
0 posts
  •  
Two Towels.
Johnjn,

In the morning without fail post breakfast its poo city then away i go wee!!
Why not try investing in a rubber ended mallet and a wax cork from a bottle of red wine, save your cork next time then

get your rubber ended mallet your cork and then..........................

TT
Jun 2006
3:16pm, 27 Jun 2006
0 posts
  •  
Karen
That's quite alright Greg - I fear that IT monitoring will now have me down as having a nappy fetish though :-)
Jun 2006
3:19pm, 27 Jun 2006
0 posts
  •  
Karen
TT.... I'd hate to be behind it though when that bugger blows.....
Jun 2006
3:20pm, 27 Jun 2006
0 posts
  •  
Applecross
Think some of us are just afflicted with this problem, doesn't seem to matter what time I go running, how much and when I eat/drink etc, so all my runs over 5 miles are planned round appropriate pit stops (of either an official nature or just an abundance of bushes). A dose of Immodium plus and eating a really plain diet a few days beforehand has worked so far for races (up to 1/2 mara).

The one advantage is that when you race, your times are much faster than training because you save a good couple of minutes not hunting for an appropriate place to have a dump.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone