Sore Leg

1 watcher
May 2012
1:23pm, 17 May 2012
25,124 posts
  •  
Miss Piggy Wiggy
Some advice please

I just did a 4 miler and cut it short at 3. Niggle in what felt like achilies in right leg when set off. I always start runs like this and generally just shake stuff off, but had to stop at 3 miles as constant stabbing pain just under the calf on the inside of right leg. Doesn't hurt to land on but to push off. Hurts when driving hitting the break and generally now as I am sitting too.

Any help would be appreciated
May 2012
1:25pm, 17 May 2012
8,826 posts
  •  
Pootle
I get that a bit when I've done a lot of running. Maybe you need a few days off to rest?
May 2012
1:27pm, 17 May 2012
12,895 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Sounds like a calf strain of some form.
Rest, stretch etc. remember to stretch the soleus as well as the gastrocnemius (bend the leg a little when doing the pushing against the wall calf stretch)
May 2012
2:20pm, 17 May 2012
25,125 posts
  •  
Miss Piggy Wiggy
I can't walk in it without a hobble. I have run lots of slow miles and never had anything of this before.

I shall try massage is it worth taking anything ibu?

To say I'm a tad emotional is a little understated.
May 2012
2:28pm, 17 May 2012
12,896 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Ibuprofen wuill help with the pain, take it and paracetamol together.

If its that bad that you cant walk without it hurting it might be worth getting it checked out, just in case.
Probably dont stretch or massage until its been looked at-if the muscle is properly torn you might make it worse. A good sports massage person should be able to help if you get a non-sporty GP.
May 2012
2:33pm, 17 May 2012
25,126 posts
  •  
Miss Piggy Wiggy
Brill thanks Johnny I know it feels more serious than just a strain as I can't walk on it properly. Not going to be very helpful at work. I will give it 24 hours then phone the massause and see what she says.

Sucks :(

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Miss Piggy Wiggy
Some advice please

I just did a 4 miler and cut it short at 3. Niggle in what felt like achilies ...