Sore buttock

0 watcher
Feb 2018
10:21am, 4 Feb 2018
6 posts
  •  
Tracie
Hi

I was running on Thursday morning and my buttock started to feel sore and while I was in my first mile running ouch! my right buttock got really sore, so stopped and stretched. Once I tried again it happened again it was like someone was putting a knife in my buttock not sure but might of heard a slight click sound. So I walked home, iced the area and got deep massage the next day physio found nothing wrong with hips etc and should be ok to carry on.

However on Saturday tried a jog on the spot to test it out still sore did not want to risk it so didn’t run. Was scared it happened again, so I have iced it each day since hoping this is just a mild strain no bruising there any advise would be great?
Feb 2018
11:26am, 4 Feb 2018
47,291 posts
  •  
swittle
Rest until you're free of pain.
D2
Feb 2018
11:30am, 4 Feb 2018
10,333 posts
  •  
D2
Swits speaks sense, hope you soon feel better. Welcome to fetch by the way, nice dog avatar!! Other people may be along with more advice. :)
Feb 2018
11:36am, 4 Feb 2018
330 posts
  •  
Brig
Since you have consulted a physio who found nothing wrong I would say have an explore of your hip mobility range. In particular find out whether your adductors and abductors are tight, they can pull on the piriformis muscle and give you the pain in the butt
Feb 2018
12:26pm, 4 Feb 2018
331 posts
  •  
Brig
Additionally open up the hip at the front. Use the couch stretch for this but do it right, check out Tom Morrison on YouTube, very excellent
Feb 2018
11:15pm, 4 Feb 2018
7 posts
  •  
Tracie
Thanks guys for getting back to me and your advise I will explore these options and I will continue resting.

Hope I am not out of action for too long, love my running!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Tracie
Hi

I was running on Thursday morning and my buttock started to feel sore and while I was in my fir...