Some updates to the feedback system

2 watchers
Aug 2012
11:56am, 8 Aug 2012
11,518 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've been making some changes to the feedback system, to try to streamline things, and also to make it a slightly more rewarding experience for everyone. If you look in the top-right corner of the site window, you'll see a permanent floating link to the feedback system. It's your friend, so use it when you need help, or when you've got something to say.

Some of the changes:

1) Responses to your feedback will now come back to you via fmail from a user called 'feedback', and you can just hit reply to continue the thread of discussion with me if need be. You can't start a new piece of feedback this way though.

2) There are some new categories on the form.

3) If your feedback is a suggestion for a new feature, I can automagically add it to a new listing on the feedback page called "Popular Feature Requests" - and then you can vote for the ones that you like the look of. Helps me, helps you.

This stuff doesn't apply to feedback already sent - that's sitting in my email inbox like some sort of mobiustorture - I'll be attempting to chip away at that over time - but I hope that by giving myself the opportunity to automate the process a little bit, I can be a bit more responsive.

Please give it a test, and send some new feature suggestions my way, so I can (a) kick the tyres, and (b) make the 'Popular Feature Requests' list look a bit less lame. Ta.
Aug 2012
12:02pm, 8 Aug 2012
1,437 posts
  •  
Mark J
Nice. Just sent a silly one through for testing purposes only.
Aug 2012
12:05pm, 8 Aug 2012
11,519 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Ta - silly ones are good - you should see some of the test stuff I've sent myself :-)
Aug 2012
12:26pm, 8 Aug 2012
43,825 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Now I am tempted to send a silly one about fetchpoint
;)
Im in a silly mood
Aug 2012
12:37pm, 8 Aug 2012
11,520 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Go for it - only Mark has sent me anything so far.
Aug 2012
12:40pm, 8 Aug 2012
43,826 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
ooh, its snazzy

and I like the links
Aug 2012
12:54pm, 8 Aug 2012
43,827 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
I like
:)
Aug 2012
1:00pm, 8 Aug 2012
7,779 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
Have sent some fantastic feedback. How long till it's up for a vote?
Aug 2012
1:18pm, 8 Aug 2012
11,521 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Chris - actually you helped me find a bug in the feedback system, so that was good. But it does mean your feedback only arrived in my inbox, and not in my special thingy. I'll send the text back to you and if you're willing to post it again, I'll make it one of the requests on the feedback page.
Aug 2012
8:57am, 9 Aug 2012
3,928 posts
  •  
sprouty76
Nice, although I'm not personally keen on the floaty feedback button itself. I did submit some feedback, although it's the same as one I submitted the old way I, just wanted to see what happened :)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I've been making some changes to the feedback system, to try to streamline things, and also to make...