Solihull Half

1 watcher
Mar 2019
12:46pm, 5 Mar 2019
1,205 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Thinking of running this one - anyone run it before? Info on the course/organisation etc?
Mar 2019
10:59pm, 5 Mar 2019
56 posts
  •  
crash
Hi LMH, depends if you are bothered about the results being on powerof10/runbritain. None of the KP events runs are properly licenced to UKA or other, so they don’t get acknowledged by the sites. In my experience though they are usually quite well organised events.
Mar 2019
6:21am, 6 Mar 2019
1,207 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Thanks crash - I hadn't realised it wasn't licenced. Whilst I'm not too worried about Po10 (though that might be different if I managed to PB) I do like an accurately measured course, adequate insurance etc.
Mar 2019
6:28am, 6 Mar 2019
10,136 posts
  •  
Ness
Can understand that. I ran it a couple of years ago. It was a well organised race. This is how I described it in my blog....

“The route started in Blythe Valley Business Park but after the first half mile went out into very pretty countryside. The course was gently undulating and went through Cheswick Green, parts of Earlswood (I think) and towards Hockley Heath before returning to the business park.”

I’ve not bothered since and now I know about the licensing probably won’t do it again.
Mar 2019
6:33am, 6 Mar 2019
1,209 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Thanks Ness.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Little Miss Happy
Thinking of running this one - anyone run it before? Info on the course/organisation etc?