soleus GPS watch

1 watcher
Jan 2015
2:25pm, 9 Jan 2015
4,655 posts
  •  
Badger
Yup, perfectly still with the best sky view you can manage. I used to leave my old Garmin on the balcony while I was getting my running kit sorted out.

A lot of newer watches download satellite data from the web when they are synced with the server, and they lock much faster.
Jan 2015
2:28pm, 9 Jan 2015
66 posts
  •  
tonyp2604
I live almost opposite a big school playing field which is open to the public so I imagine that I would get an excellent signal there away from the houses.
Jan 2015
7:56pm, 9 Jan 2015
116 posts
  •  
totalbeginner
Thanks badger and tony :) I used to stand still as i thought id read somewhere you need to be stationary. hence getting fed up and leaving it a few occasion.often I have a reasonably limited interval for a run and I got frustrated wasting time for the watch!
The worst thing for me is its unpredictability. Sometimes I leave it on windowsill by door and by time trainers on its picked up with no problem whatsoever .

Modern gadgets eh
Jan 2015
12:08pm, 26 Jan 2015
86 posts
  •  
tonyp2604
By way of a brief update - I took Badger's advice.... I went out with the watch yesterday; sat on the wall opposite my house - stock still. The watch only took about 30-40 seconds to pick up a signal.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by totalbeginner
I have a soleus GPS watch. I've had it just over a year and I've had mixed experience I wondered w...