Soccer World Cup 2018

10 watchers
May 2018
11:39am, 15 May 2018
8,926 posts
  •  
lammo
So, less than a month to go, who's excited?

I am :-)

Not sure England are going to do very well, but not sure i really care.

Anybody found a link so you can add all the games into your Outlook calendar yet?
May 2018
3:57pm, 15 May 2018
1,856 posts
  •  
Fitz
Nope. I watch international football only with bemused detachment; pleased if England win but not at all bothered if they don't.
May 2018
4:20pm, 15 May 2018
18,528 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I would like to see England do well, however they won't, they will freeze and I think, understandably, SOuthgate will be cautious, I see England failing to qualify when faced with Belgium and a must win game. Remember England are quite average.

I will, as usual ignore a lot of early games and try and pick I few that might be good/interesting, then get stuck in later. I think our early holiday overlaps with the start so that will help early on.

Excited, yes, a little, because I rarely watch a game on telly, I will NOT pay Sky and BT, and I dislike idiots, especially one-eyed Citeh and United idiots, down the pub shouting inane shite.
May 2018
4:41pm, 15 May 2018
118 posts
  •  
DavieO.
France or Spain for me. Germany lack strike options and winning it back to back is difficult. Brazil are flaky at the back. Belgium have a good team but not one that will win it. Argentina's qualifying form suggests they aren't in a great place.
May 2018
4:48pm, 15 May 2018
5,545 posts
  •  
Iron Thigh Girl
I'm excited! Greetings from Iceland.
May 2018
5:13pm, 15 May 2018
2,427 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Southgate will be blooding the youngsters, so an excuse if they freeze on the big stage. Nothing different to what the seasoned professionals have done at recent tournaments.

It will be nice to see them progress and make the last eight. Interesting to see what tomorrow's 23-man squad selection will be. Any English player who has broken into a Premier League first team squad must have a chance of being selected!
May 2018
6:58pm, 15 May 2018
66 posts
  •  
Maccatheknacca
Getting excited here.

Guaranteed 3 games, anything else is a bonus. Worst case scenario is not qualifying and we have already exceeded that.

Its got to be a red top pull out wall chart or two for me.
May 2018
8:57pm, 15 May 2018
33,302 posts
  •  
alpenrose
It'll give me extra time in the garden or catching up with stuff I recorded earlier.
May 2018
9:01pm, 15 May 2018
113 posts
  •  
DavidAP
Soccer!! Soccer!! It is FOOTBALL!!!!!!
May 2018
9:15pm, 15 May 2018
13,061 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
There is a rarity, an FR post on Football that I agree with :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by lammo
So, less than a month to go, who's excited?

I am :-)

Not sure England are going to do ver...